Rider only insurance - can anyone recommend a good one?

jasperspuzzle

New User
Visit site
Can anyone recommend good rider only policy? i'm a sharer and am riding more and more these days
grin.gif

I'm looking for a policy that gives good total temporary disablement cover 'just in case' as i'm self employed and need to at least make sure i have a few pennies coming in if disaster strikes.

Any suggestions anyone? Petplan no good as won't accept self employed.

Thanks all, JP

MiffyH

Visit site
I am sure the BHS provide insurance in their membership, google their website and have a look at the membership, it something like £40 a year but thats nothing if you are covered for all occasions.
Gold and Life Members benefit from:
Personal Liability Insurance Cover for all the horses you own, look after and ride regardless of age. Up to £10 million for any one claim and no excess on claims and cover when riding someone else’s horse with their permission. (Terms, conditions and territorial limits apply - for full policy details click here)
Personal Accident insurance cover (Terms, conditions and territorial limits apply - for full policy details click here)
Unlimited use of the Legal, Tax, VAT and Ratings Helpline.
Six issues of British Horse magazine, exclusive to BHS members.
Members' Welcome Pack including the BHS Yearbook - packed full of useful information, contacts and special offers.
Access to discounts including 10 percent on full price BHS Bookshop stock. View Discounts
BHS members' facilities at selected equestrian events.
Enjoy BHS Cross Country Series events and BHS TREC competitions.
Access to expert advice on a wide range of equestrian matters.
Access to local county knowledge and expertise.
Gold Membership Badge
Under 14 year old Junior Gold, Family or Life members also receive a subscription to www.bhsequukid.co.uk worth £3.99 per month.

sweetleaf

Visit site
I believe the BHS gold insurance doesn't cover you for temporary disablement. I can't remember the full details now, but for that reason I went with Pet Plan (still not total temp disablement cover, but better than nothing?!).

BHS Gold Membership Personal Accident Cover

"Features and benefits

Provides cover for Accidental Death, loss of limb or sight and Permanent Total Disablement as a consequence of: ..."