rider posture aids

Malibu

Visit site
anyone tried these - i have come off a horse twice in all my life and both very bad1 i am only 17 but i have various problems, i feel now after the last accident i lean forward interfering with horse and unable to use leg aids effectivly! I am annoyed becuase i used to have great riding posture and now its holding me back, do any of the back support or shoulder back aids help?

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Im still an advocate of riding with a whip between your elbows to be honest
tongue.gif

not_with_it

Visit site
Ok, I dont know anything about your riding history but from what I have picked up your horse has big movement. It is very common for a rider riding a big moving horse to lean forward, if you havent regularly ridden a big moving horse then chances are you havent got the muscles in the right places to sit up. I was exactly the same when I started riding my horse and it took me ages to be able to control my upper body.

Is your horse in front of the leg? this tends to be another reason riders lean forward.

I hope this doesnt offend as like I said before I have no idea about your riding capabilities.

SmokieJoe

Visit site
Ive just been riding for over a month and i was told i have a very good balance and riding position, i was all chuffed.

Do you take lessons?

watcherathome

Visit site
I haven't tried any but it comes down to whether your position problems are down to a physical case (because of your injuries) or in your head..don't get me wrong that isn't a criticism, it would be perfectly natural.
If this is the case you might just feel restricted by some of the products on the market and more nervous..it might be a case of just going right back to basics, maybe on a different horse, and getting your confidence back

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Further to previous replies...
Do you feel nervous when you ride? I ask because perhaps your posture is affected by nerves and if you tackle these, you might 'recover' your position.
I used to suffer terribly from nerves jumping and since sorting that out, am riding much better. Something like Rescue Remedy might help.