Rides around Titchfield, hants

SVMel

Visit site
Hi all!
Have recently moved horses to a private place all on our ownsome (hooray!!) and am starting to explore!
grin.gif

Was just wondering if anyone from the Titchfield / Fareham ish area knows where to get on the old railway line at Knowle? Am struggling to find out!!

Also, if anyone has any decent rides in the area, details would be great!!!

Hope you can help, as the summer was totally lost to shelter building and am desperate to get riding again! Its been 5 long months aarrrggghhh!!!!

Many thanks all!!
grin.gif

SVMel

Visit site
Maybe it does and thats why I can't find it!!!!! Are you nearby then? And are there any other good places to go??
grin.gif

SNORKEY

Visit site
Im having a good think, im from swanwick ,up the road.
I cant think of anything at the mo, il ask my mother in law as she lives up the road.

SVMel

Visit site
Had a quick look the other night, found something I thought was promising,went out today, full of hope of getting down to coast only to find it was a private road with a sign saying 'no unauthorised cars or horses. Public footpath'. Thought I'd better not....
frown.gif

bushbaby28

Visit site
welcome to the area!!! haha i'm trying to find out where exactly the old railway is too as can't seem to find it on maps.

erm there's the beach down there isn't there? Crofton Manor is great for competitions.

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
Which side of the A27 are you? If you can get over to the Warsash side you can get down to the beach and cliffs, plus a nice ride that runs round the outside of farmland . Also there are about 3 bridle paths you can join up for a good ride.

The railway line is accessible from outside of Wickham. You have to go past the petrol station near the rounabout (as in straight on from Fareham not towards Wickham) then turn right into a close of houses and you can get onto the line from there. It gets very busy with cyclists and walkers so you can't always get a lot of faster work done. And it does get wet\muddy in the winter, although I haven't ridden there for a few years so the surface might have been improved since.

PM me for any more info
grin.gif

SVMel

Visit site
Wow! Thanks everyone!!! Was wondering about Honey Lane today, was on a track above it that leads from fareham to mayles lane. Is that where you meant Madam Max, as I didn't think that this track was the actual old railway line?? (but of course, i have no idea lol).

Hedgewitch - I tried to get to the coast down Brownwich lane today from common lane but there was a sign saying private road, no cars / horses. Is there another way?

Thanks for info so far, finally back riding but not many places to go makes Tenessee sad
frown.gif
lol!!!!
grin.gif