Ridiculously cheap Konigs!

Cluny

Visit site
Just browsing on EBay as you do and looking at Konig boots, when I come across two listings for virtually new boots (one pair are Olympia's). Neither seem to have a reserve or if they do it must be about 50p. I had a quick look at one of the sellers other items (they appear to be different sellers) and they have two items listed, which are clapped out cars. Now my alarm bells are ringing - would yours be?

Suziq77

Visit site
Do second hand Konigs usually hold their value on ebay? That's what I'd be checking.

I just sold a pair of Vans snowboard boots (ok not the same but still around £100 new) on ebay, didn't put a reserve as I really just wanted to find them a home and I got....wait for it..... 99p!!!!! They were genuine and not much wrong with them other than they were too wide for me and they'd been worn for about 3 weeks of snowboarding.

Cluny

Visit site
Suziq I had another look and these boots are brand new, the same size never been worn! The description is almost exactly the same, yet the seller name is different - all very fishy.

Someone got a very good deal on your Vans!

Suziq77

Visit site
Suziq I had another look and these boots are brand new, the same size never been worn! The description is almost exactly the same, yet the seller name is different - all very fishy.

Someone got a very good deal on your Vans!

Hmm that is peculiar, if I end up buying myself a pair of Konigs now you'll be in trouble ;):eek:

Ebay is weird, people pay £££ for total tat sometimes and then other times stuff like my Vans goes for peanuts :confused: I don't mind though as I just wanted to make space in my house and non of my friends wanted them and the dustbin didn't seem like an acceptable option.

Good luck with the boot hunt :)

3bh

Visit site
Just browsing on EBay as you do and looking at Konig boots, when I come across two listings for virtually new boots (one pair are Olympia's). Neither seem to have a reserve or if they do it must be about 50p. I had a quick look at one of the sellers other items (they appear to be different sellers) and they have two items listed, which are clapped out cars. Now my alarm bells are ringing - would yours be?

You can't reserve lower than £50 - so if it doesn't say in little blue font "reserve not met" then there is no reserve!

BOTH of the sellers have also a history of selling Konigs, in various sizes, with the same photos and description. If you look at their feedback left for others you can see links to this.
The one on the Wirral (with the cars) has sold lots and lots, the buyers all leaving positive feedback. The one in Manchester one recently, and no feedback left from the buyer.
The first of these two ONLY sells items of high value, unlike most people not having a household clearout of tat etc!

Suffice to say its not a commercial shop trading, nor is it a private person with an unwanted gift or one pair of dressage boots to clear. Alarm bells would ring for me too!

Cluny

Visit site
Thanks for that 3bh, all extremely fishy, as let's face it, if you buy Konigs by legitimate means at trade prices, you are still going to need to sell them at a substantial price to make a profit!

3bh

Visit site
Absolutlely! They have been selling on their auctions from £70-200, most of the listings saying the box is dirty/damaged but the goods are new. I suspect this damage does happen when they fall off the back of a lorry!!!

Cluny

Visit site
No wonder the seller has some good feedback as let's face it buying a pair of new Konigs for under £200 would make quite a few customers happy!

zxp

Visit site
If you read his past listings, apparently with one pair they were bought for his daughter but she is a size 6, and with another he swapped for a western saddle (!?!)... the other 2 pairs he gives no explaination... either he has a freakish ability to stumble across brand new konigs (with no other equestrian items in his feedback... most of the others are car bits) or it is dodgy... I suspect the latter...

undertheweather

Visit site

Cluny

Visit site
Undertheweather both pairs of boots sale was due to end today. Certainly when I spoke to the chap at Zebra yesterday he was very interested, it would be nice to think something is being done, despite what is being said on the BD threaf.