Riding accident mother lives with broken neck for 2 months...

jordanross

Visit site
gosh thats bad! Not surprised though! it isnt unheard of the medical professionals messin up BIG TIME.

I had a freind that had a routine blood test go wrong, the needle snapped off inside and stayed there for almost 3 months! YUK.... okay now i feel faint.

SaffronWelshDragon

www.facebook.com
Urgh! Thanks, I'm petrified of having a blood test, feeling a bit grim now, I may have to take the rest of the day off work...
wink.gif

loopyloop

Visit site
This doesn't surprise me, I had a fall just like the lady in article.

They were querying a fractured spine, three doctors looked at my x-rays and ummmed and aaaahed over it for what seemed forever infront of me then decided everything was ok and I just needed physio at which point they removed the blocks and brace and told me I was free to go!!

A year and a half later and I still suffer with my neck, it also cracks but apparently that's nothing to worry about!!

Kayfm

Visit site
many hospitals /doctors & the NHS are useless. I have problems for 1 year now and wait months for appointments at the hosp. my last appoint at the hosp was a few weeks ago, the junior consultant just said ' i dont know whats wrong with you' i waiting months for that diagonsis and 1 year of pain - great ehh
mad.gif

kombikids

Visit site
i fractured my neck in a fall last year- docs where useless to be honest! Go to a private chiroprator, the relief was pretty instant and altho it took a while to go completley it took 3 months to get an appt with the nhs.

bailey14

Visit site
Reminds me of the time I had a head injury and related migraines for years after. The one hospital in Birmingham took x-rays of my neck as it was where the pain was coming from but failed to ask me to take out my big hoop earings. Months later when my chiro asked to see my xrays, he was amazed to find my earings had been left in, and said as the xrays were of a sidewards image the earings could have been hiding a very small fracture. Not very good.

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
I saw one of the Real A&E progs a few weeks ago and a motorcycle accident was featured. To check for a possoble breeak in the guys neck he was very thorough and showed what you have to manipulate the patient to be able to see the vertebrae that are sheilded by the collar and shoulder bones in an x-ray.

It took some time for them to do that, and then to study the x-rays. He explained that part of the neck is really hard to x-ray, and often fractures are missed.

The doctor in this case was probably very rushed, and so didnt study the x-rays as well as he should, and he possibly didnt know that he was looking for.

amyneave

Visit site
por woman. i had a fall last year and hurt my ankle. we were half way through the x rays when the guy deicided he had done it wrong.