Riding after meniscus surgery?

mastermax

Visit site
Hi I had an arthoscope 10 days ago to remove the damaged meniscus along with some bone cleaning etc and have walked comfortably today (stiff and swollen but no pain) without stick or crutches. I am hoping to attempt driving again tomorrow but was wondering has anyone had this and if so how long before I can get back on board. When I do it will be with help and a gentle walk around the shcool not a full blown hack with canter.
Been a long painful knee winter, the sun is shining and I NEED TO RIDE!!!
XX

bigfathen

Visit site
I was back on after 3 weeks. Yes it was painful, but I was assured no damage could be done as long as I could cope with the pain! I'm several years on and thankfully haven't had any other problems with it. Main thing is to do your physio exercises religiously. Good luck.

FireFly29

Visit site
I had knee surgery in September and I just followed my surgeon/physio advice about riding post op.
I splashed out on some sprenger bow balance stirrups that really seem to help take the strain of your joints.

Tinypony

Visit site
Mine didn't go exactly as planned and recovery took longer. Put it this way, once I could drive I could ride. As it is my left knee I was finding it easier to get on from off side. My little horse got very nice about taking me back to my mounting block at the end of the ride and letting me down on top of that.

mastermax

Visit site
Thank you so much for your replies. I am doing my exercises and trying to straighten my leg but it has been bent for 30 years since i broke my knee so taking a little longer! I will be careful but patience is not really my forte.