Riding Boots On Fashion Website

joulsey

Visit site
Of course!

You should take a look on Gucci's website, they have an equestrian bit. The prices would make your eyes water though!

And about 2 years ago River Island were selling "breeches"

tashcat

Visit site
The equestrian clothing trend stumps me!:p

I mean its challenging enough to be kitted out in the latest 'fashionable' riding clothes, never mind it branching into everyday fashion too!

At least it would save a few bob, wear them out!:D

claracanter

Visit site

I mean its challenging enough to be kitted out in the latest 'fashionable' riding clothes, never mind it branching into everyday fashion too!

I know. Ridiculous!

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
I bought a pair of red patent joddie boots for general use , not riding so far, but they are very smart with black trousers. They are clearance, so were under £80.00, main problem is that being patent the leather does not stretch, So I should have bought a size larger, maybe I should go back and get the blue patent ones!

Last edited:

Skib

sites.google.com
I have always worn long black boots in winter in London. When I learned to ride, I promised myself a pair of long black riding boots -

The lady who sold me my very very expensive and beautiful riding boots warned me I should never wear them just to walk around in. That would wreck them. So I never have.

Notimetoride

Visit site

I find the current fashion for riding attire quite funny. I feel a plonker going out in public in riding gear, yet everyone non-horsey all get kitted out in (pretend) riding gear to go to the shops. There should be a line of horses all tied up outside the shopping centre. Tho i have to admit I do love the tweed jackets (like Joules ones) - very stylish.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I find the major downside to all this is that if I decided to wear tight trousers with long (fashion) boots, I get asked if I've come straight from the yard. I went to a field party once with stone coloured trousers and brown leather boots. I was spotless, but the number of times I was asked "why are you in jodhpurs, have you come from the yard?" was bloody irritating!!