Riding boots

Yebor

Visit site
Hello

Having started riding after a long break, I have slowly, very slowly been collecting or buying equipment. Helmet was first, easy. Then I was given a pair of half chaps, leather, Dublin ones that zip up the rear with a little button popper strap round the top. So I thought a pair of brown jodphur boots to match. That's where I have fallen. It seems men with big feet don't ride horses! I generally have size 12 boots, and every sadalry I have tried, all of the local ones and lots further a field dont stock any even if their websites say they do. I found a black pair of ariat heritage IV in a size 12 nearly fit but at 140 pounds I wasn't jumping for joy with a boot that nearly fit.

Tuffa seem to do lots, but no one Cheshire Staffordshire' seem to stock them to try, and I haven't yet made the 3.5 hour drive to tuffa to try and buy some, though I am getting close.

Can Anyone help? Or do I give up?

Regards

Yebor

HeyMich

Visit site
If you have a Decathlon nearby I'd suggest you pop along and try some on. They have a range of styles and prices too. Or just ask a local tack shop to order in a couple of brands for you to try?

Yebor

Visit site
Thanks everyone, a few to look at, ideally, I would have preferred to try a couple on, but can maybe order some.

Has anyone had any experience of any of the above?

I have tried both Decathlon, and Go Outdoors, both say they stock 12, but then don't carry stock in the store I found out. :-(

Regards

Yebor

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I know the problem well! At 185cm and around 95kg with size 45 feet, I have trouble finding gear off-the-shelf.

If you have a halfway decent shop, the owner should be able to get goods in for you to try. Certainly Decathlon, here in France, will get stock in from the warehouse and you can pick it up, try it on and return it. If my only option was Decathlon, I'd order an item in two or three sizes, and return those that didn't fit well.

Will wholesalers and manufacturers still supply small shops on a "sale or return" basis?

My local shop offered to get in some helmets of different sizes for me to try.

Yebor

Visit site
Hello

Not just me then, I tried Decathlon, but they stop at size 11, I am a UK 12, so 47.

I shall try a smaller shop in the new year, can't face shopping at the moment.

Regards

Yebor

Shay

Visit site
My husband is a 48/49 so we share your pain! You can get some models of ariat large enough but we've never found anything else which actually fit - even if the stated size goes high enough. Yes horseguards / police etc all ride. But many of them won't have such large feet - and probably have thier uniform boots specifically made. Mountain horse yard boots go large enough - but probably not to ride in.

Yebor

Visit site
Hello

I see Naylors have some Ariat boots on the website in a 12. I might make a trip over and try them on. Fingers crossed.

If not ill have to chance some ebay ones.

I bought some slippers today and i had to try about 12 pIrs on to get some to fit.

Wish i had "normal" feet. Lol

Ill let you all know the outcome.

Regards

Yebor