Riding club horse, Spurs??

Quadro

Visit site
Evening,
As title really, are you allowed spurs in a riding club horse class? I remember not being allowed before but would rather wear them so wanted advice from real showing people!
Q

Chocy

Visit site
I think to be correct it should be snaffle bridle & no spurs. But have found at many shows anything goes..... But I like 2 think keeping it simple could pull u up the line if not much else 2 choose btwn u & another rider!
I won a riding club horse class last wkd (& got shield woop) & if I remember rite my horse was in simplest bridle/bit & no spurs so worked for me :) !!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Ideally the simpler the tack the better, but I have been beaten by someone using a gag and spurs on a day when my horse was going beautifully in a snaffle. The judge just fell for the other horse..

Best to ask the secretary/steward on the day to be safe.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Should state on the schedule as can vary depending on the show but usually has to be snaffle bridle and no spurs. I would ask the secretary before you enter as the steward on the day if RC may give you duff information.

Quadro

Visit site
Its not an RC show and nothing on schedule! Using snaffle bridle anyway so not a problem. I am tempted to wear them and see if i can spot anyone else in them!
Q

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
I would assume its fine then. Normally they are only not permitted in veteran classes etc. take with & ask on the day. Best of luck :)