Riding Club Woman Fined story H&H

dieseldog

Visit site
Did anyone else read the story on page 7 of H&H. What a load of rubbish. That horse's feet have been neglected for a lot longer than six months - more like 2-3 years. It takes a horses foot 1 year to complety grow from top to bottom, and that foot is well over double in length. Maybe if the vets had said it was more than 6 months she would have got a far larger fine than she has been given.

Weezy

Visit site
Thats what I thought! There are plenty of horses I know that dont see a farrier for 3 months and there is no way in double that time their hooves would look lke that!

Rambo

Visit site
LOL! Yep....exactly what I was thinking too
shocked.gif
More like 2 or 3 years of neglect...AT LEAST !

JadeWisc

Visit site
My horses have their hooves trimmed every eight weeks and I see a very small amount of outgrowth on them in this time. There is usually less than an inch to trim off and I would hardly say they are wearing them off on their own. WAYYY more than 6 months for this lady. I saw the pic in the post below, it made me sick

Rambo

Visit site
The picture in the post below is NOT the one from H&H today. The one in H&H is FAR worse than that
shocked.gif
Hooves curled up about a foot long....

viola

aspireequestrian.wordpress.com
I had a shetland pony under my care when working as a yard manager. When my employer gave me a tour of his yard on my arrival I was told that they have a pony with 'a feet problem' - little black mare was grazing in a distance and it wasn't until I came closer that I noticed her feet! Sha looked very similar to the pony on the picture in H&H with this little difference that her feet were not so acutely curled up. She looked like a goat that was grazing nearby! I asked my employer when did they last call a vet and a ferrier and he said 'not since we have bought a pony two years ago'. SO - this pony on the picture either never seen a ferrier in his life or it was about 3 years prior the picture was taken OR he is a mutant that grows his feet few times faster than a normal animal. What a disgrace!

filly190

Visit site
I have noticed more than one story not being factually correct. I think since the new editor has taken over, the stories are more, the mag is changing and I think they are rushing things in time for press

legend

Visit site
if this is the same story which i imagine it must be (but i haven't seen horse and hound yet) I've found a better/worse pic of the hooves...
http://www.weybridgeonline.co.uk/news/article/article_id=8011.html
There is NO way that is 6 months worth of growth, out of interest does it say which vet tesitfied to it being only 6 months worth of neglect or could it just have been H&H getting figure wrong?