Riding hat for toddler

Matafleur

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a lightweight, adjustable riding hat for a toddler? At the moment he wears an adjustable bmx helmet for the times when he has a little sit on his pony but I may take him to a tiny tots gymkhana soon so he'd better have a proper hat.

The hat he wears at the moment is 45-53cm and is probably adjusted to the middle ish of that range. I'd prefer not to have a skull cap as think they might be a bit heavy, something light and vented and not too expensive would be just the job!

Thanks

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
If you take a look at decathlon they sell polly hats and their own version. To my knowledge both are kitemarked and cheap. They are lightweight and adjustable. We have a few as at one point my brothers liked to plod around on various ponies. The hats are great for if friends want a sit on my horse and I ride in one in summer for comfort and coolness :)

Ormsweird

Visit site
My four year old has the one linked above and it works very well for us. She's well into the 'no hat, no ride' thing. Now we just need to work on the body protector, no ride! :)

Matafleur

Visit site
Thanks everyone - looks like the Polly Products hat could be a winner :)

My little one loves wearing his hat which is just as well as he also loves trotting everywhere on the little pony and riding my eventer! He is more into tractors really but does like a little ride when we are down at the horses.

JLD

Visit site
Hi, just a mention the Polly hat is too big for my 4 yr old and both my 2 year olds ! I found the only way to go was properly fitted skull caps but definitely try a selection.