Riding hats and sizing

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I need a new hat for shows. My head is pretty big
blush.gif
I like to think because of all the brains crammed in (the cramming would explain the memory loss, etc) BUT I digress. Size is 60cm which is 7 3/8. I've seen plenty of hats at 7 1/4 and 7 1/2, so would be wise to go for 7 1/2 and adjust the lining? Where are all the 7 3/8s?
I can see I'll probably just end up finding a tack shop and trying one on...

appylass

Visit site
Someone else with a big head!!! I'm not alone then
smile.gif
I recently bought a Charles Owen H2000 in 7 3/8, shop had to order it but it came really quickly so obviously not too much of a problem. Hope that helps a bit.

not_with_it

Visit site
I personally would go and try a load on. Ive just replaced my hat after a certain incident with blue dye. I got a different style and ended up with a much smaller hat than my previous one.

Salcey

Visit site
You can get 7 3/8 its a standard size. All of the hats charles owen make come in that size. Having said that its not a common size we sell so often is not held in stock but as appylass said they come in really quickly.

KatB

Visit site
My head is bigger!
blush.gif

Try aload on, alot of the different makes are different shapes! I cant wear Charles Owen, but love my Champion, and my GPA is somewhere inbetween.... so just have to try and find out!

Kermie

Visit site
Definitely go and try some hats on - they are like clothes and what is labelled a particular size will vary from make to make. Very important that your hat fits you correctly - some makes will be more comfortable than others.

For example, I use (what used to be called) the SJ2000 in the show ring. I splashed out on a H2000 which is a slighter posher version, but it was VERY uncomfortable despite both being made by Charles Owen. I ended up selling the 2nd hat on ebay - had bought it second hand so didn't lose money on it thankfully.

teapot

Visit site
Charles Owen GR8 - fab hat

Had my head fitted in a couple of the show jumper ones, the 2000 and possibly the H2O as they didn't have the GR8 in my size

GR8 fits the best out of all of them for me anyway