Riding in a wet manage?

Skhosu

Visit site
Ok, so our sand always used to be really well draining, but having finally settled seems to have lost some of this
mad.gif

So, there is surface water (a very little) on top of the track and it is a bit like wet beach sand feeling, can I ride on this?
There are a few shallow puddles in a corner too...
grr..!!haven't ridden since Fri due to weather!

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Hows the inner track?
smile.gif
Its good practice for getting your horse less dependent on a wall.

Our school is pretty good but has been suffering a tad recently under all the heavy rainfall. I just ride on the inner track and do lots of movements in the centre of the school and try to avoid the track (mainly because if its holding water, it often means the surface has been washed away somewhat and I dont want to ride on hard bits! :p)

Skhosu

Visit site
But will it dmage the menage? Or be too hard for the horse to work on?
The rest apart form track is basically sodden! Not lying water but very squelchy!

teapot

Visit site
Old arena at yard was puddle ridden and squelchy and was used for a busy RS. Was only arena at one point.

It was eventually replaced once they had the money but it seemed to surive a good 6 years or so

alyanda

New User
Visit site
Mine is very wet too.It has been down about 11 years and the sand has compacted.I have to ride in it as i have no alternative.The only good point is it gets the horse used to going through water.My physio suggested trotting through water is beneficial for my horse as it makes her pick her feet up,so I dont have to look far.As to whether it will damage the school I suppose it depends on how it is constructed and whether the membrane could be damaged from working in it when very wet.

not_with_it

Visit site
I wouldnt imagine it would damage the school or your horse. I would just go for it. If I were you though I would wash your horses legs afterwards if they get splashed.

Skhosu

Visit site
It has no membrane(yes... I knoww..silly us!) so will that make a difference?
Thanks, going out to play mounted games now (like the big child I am!)