Riding in Cyprus - update.

TrasaM

Visit site
Firstly thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. I went to the dhekelia saddle club this morning and had a lesson. I was given RJ who is an ex racer and a working livery. He's still getting the hang of things in the school but he tried really hard. I was using a dressage saddle for the first time ever and I now know that the issues I'd been having with my leg going too far forwards during my lessons is due to the positioning of the stirrups on the GP saddles the RS uses. It felt really nice to have my legs positioned correctly underneath me for a change. They have some lovely horses there, mostly ex racers. It seems that whatever problems there are in the UK with re homing TBs that it is far worse here. I may well end up with one of my own I suspect. I've booked a hack for tomorrow morning - just as well or I'd be having another trip back there to retrieve my hat which I put down and then forgot. Silly woman :eek:

TrasaM

Visit site
Sorry :( no photos today. I took my iPad but I felt a bit awkward asking RI to take pics or to video some of the lesson. Should have really.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I hope that yesterday's hack, felt as nice as the first one.

smilie_tier_188.gif

TrasaM

Visit site
I hope that yesterday's hack, felt as nice as the first one.

smilie_tier_188.gif
Thank you, Yes. The horse is a good one. Fellow hackee went tearing past in canter when we were supposed to be trotting and he joined in. I pulled him up and he thought about arguing but then complied and waited until I asked him to canter :)
Ground was very hard and stony so took it easy. Not the best hacking area but lovely to get out and about. I've not ridden outside of the school since I fell 6 weeks ago; horse slipped on Tarmac and landed on me. I found that I was a bit anxious when we had to go up a concrete ramp to get back into the school. Otherwise all good. :)