Riding in the Lakedistrict

frazzled

Visit site
I am hopefully going to be in the Lake District next month and would like to book a trek. Any recommendations of stables wold be much appreciated. We are staying near Grasmere.

minesadouble

Visit site
Not sure how close to Grasmere it is but my daughter rode at Cumbrian Heavy Horses and had a great time!

She has TBs at home and wasn't really sure what to expect, she said she was surprised how forward and fun the heavy horses were.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I don't know anywhere in the middle but there's Rookin House activity centre to the north and Witherslack Equestrian to the south. Both probably a similar distance from Grasmere. Both are well run and look after their horses well.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I think Cumbria Heavy Horses are out at Millom on the West aren't they? There's also Murthwaite Green out that way. I did a riding holiday there once and really liked it. Lovely riding from there but it's more if a trek to get out to.

RHM

Visit site
My mum has been a couple times with murthwaite green in Millom - LA18 5LP. Which is the most fun she has ever had on horseback apparently. Just under a hour from you, great hacking along the beach and headline. Or you could try the centre parks near Penrith, that won’t be too far and you can book on there without staying there.

RHM

Visit site
I don't know anywhere in the middle but there's Rookin House activity centre to the north and Witherslack Equestrian to the south. Both probably a similar distance from Grasmere. Both are well run and look after their horses well.
Yeah forgot about Rookin House, they have a great reputation. There is also Bank House Equestrian, again not a million miles away from Penrith.

Jacksie

Visit site
If you fancied treating yourself, you could try Black Horse Friesian in Cartmel. A bit of a drive from where you will be but the horses are beautiful.

teacups

Visit site
There’s a trekking centre up in Troutbeck, just before Windermere. No idea what it’s like, but a bit closer to Grasmere than the other options so far. You could go for a meal at the Mortal Man pub afterwards - great views from their outside gardens.