Riding kit for my grandaughter (Newbury)

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Posting here as I am hoping more will see it.

My 7 year old grand daughter needs everything for her riding lessons.
Hat, body protector, jodhpur boots, jodhpurs, gloves and a dark waterproof coat.
Where is best to go in the Newbury area please?
We don’t mind second hand for some items but need to be able to try for size.
Obviously new for hat and body protector.
My son is inclined to go somewhere and buy it all at once!

I am too far away to know where to go.
Thanks in advance

mavandkaz

Visit site
Threshers barn in thatcham.
There is a Mole Valley store in Newbury for johds and boots etc, but not safety equipment.
Or Park Farm in Oakley/basingstoke

Squeak

Visit site
Wadswicks might be a bit far away from Newbury but it's got everything including a nice tea shop!

Otherwise E J Wicks in Lambourn or Threshers Barn in Thatcham.

ETA sadly none of them do Secondhand. If you're wanting secondhand then Millwheel in Warfield have a good selection of everything and used to do secondhand too (haven't been in there for ages so might be worth double checking).

zandp

Visit site
Wadswicks might be a bit far away from Newbury but it's got everything including a nice tea shop!

Otherwise E J Wicks in Lambourn or Threshers Barn in Thatcham.

ETA sadly none of them do Secondhand. If you're wanting secondhand then Millwheel in Warfield have a good selection of everything and used to do secondhand too (haven't been in there for ages so might be worth double checking).

I was going to say Wadswick as well !! It's such a lovely place to waste time and spend money.

AML

Visit site
Calcutts - a short trip down the A34 - do second hand.

Give them a call to see what they have. They also do new hats and body protecters.

Might be a one shop stop if you're lucky

numptynovice

Visit site
I’m not that far from Newbury and I go to Rokers in Guildford or Eileen Douglas for safety equipment for my daughter and I.
Eileen Douglas has a few stores, I tend to go to the Wokingham one as they’re open on Sunday morning.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
At that age I would buy everything second hand except her hat! My 9 year old grandaughter was properly fitted for a hat and BP but everything else has come from FB groups, some really lovely things. They grow so darn quick the little devils!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
At that age I would buy everything second hand except her hat! My 9 year old grandaughter was properly fitted for a hat and BP but everything else has come from FB groups, some really lovely things. They grow so darn quick the little devils!

Thank you. We know but my son does not have any contacts for sizing or second hand. This is starting from scratch over 200 miles from me. It is needed for school and the accepted items are conservative. I think he may have to start with new stuff until more connections are made.