Riding school recommendations please - near Stirling

Chappie

Visit site
Hi there! Can anyone recommend some riding schools near Stirling please?

It's not an area I'm familiar with - it's for a manager I work remotely with, who lives in the area.

If this info is of any help!: She's aged early 30's, I guess you could say dog-walking fit, average height and build, so would probably be fine on a typical 14.2hh-ish cobby type. She was on honeymoon in the Western Isles earlier in the year and saw some riders from a trekking centre have a canter on the beach and hack about the local countryside there, and has always had an interest in horses/riding, so at the moment her goal is to be able to go to a trekking centre like the one she saw and hack out, eventually.

She has a dog and cats and is a good-natured and empathetic person, and I think she is realistic about her goals and would enjoy learning! (ha ha can you tell I have been a riding school employee and volunteer for many years?!)

If possible near to Stirling itself would be good, as we are coming to winter weather and also fuel costs to consider? I did some research online and thought Hayfield and Hilltops looked good, but I have no knowledge of the area.

TIA!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Wellsfield at Denny and Drumbrae at Bridge of Allan spring to mind…I would recommend your friend visits first to see if the place/people/ponies suits as each persons requirements and views are different.

HeyMich

Visit site
I wouldn't touch Drumbrae with anyone's bargepole. Not actually sure if they have a riding school licence at the moment anyway?

Yes to Wellsfield. Also Tannoch stables near Bonnybridge, they hack out in Palacerigg Country Park and comes highly recommended by a friend.