Riding school that is accessible and affordable in London?

cokelly

Visit site
Hey :)

I have just recently moved to London -and had to leave my old pony and rides (friends' horses) at home! So am looking to get my horsey 'fix' here, on a semi-regular basis, if I can!

I have no car here, so has anyone any recommendations for riding schools which I could get to via public transport and walking, and which also are not hugely expensive? Really I wouldn't be keen to pay much over £30 for an hour's group lesson! Is this even possible?!

Appreciate any help!

trixyg

New User
Visit site
Hello, welcome to London! Why don't you try Trent Park Equestrian Centre. They have loads of horses of all sizes and abilities, and fantastic off-road hacking. It is a 5 minute walk from Oakwood station (at the end of the Picadilly line). Check out the website - www.trentpark.com
Tracey

Mince Pie

Visit site
Vauxhall City Farm? I personally know the YM and the instructor and they are both really good.

Sleighfarer

Visit site
It depends where you live but Chelsfield is easy to get to from Charing Cross/London Bridge - the walk at the other end is uphill, though!

cokelly

Visit site
Really appreciate the replies- hopefully not be long till I get my fix!

I'm in East London (near Mile End/Limehouse stations)!

Trent Farm looks amazing Tracey and seems very handy to get to. Pricey but I am so tempted by the three hour pub rides... :eek:

Will be checking out Vauxhall Farm too- for the jumping lessons. 45mins isn't enough for me!

Sleighfarer is there a train I should get from Charing Cross/London Bridge? (I just google mapped Chelsfield and it's a 5hour walk :eek: ) haha!

While you're here...any recommendations for saddlers/tack shops? Will need to be getting some gear (hat, boots, jods etc) for over here!

Karran

Visit site
If you're near mile end you can get the DLR to mudchute farm (mudchute or crossharbour stations), I used to ride there and really liked it and learnt a fair bit. My bf lived near there too and we went to lea valley stables to watch horseball once which was only a bus ride away (can't remember which one though!)

j1ffy

Visit site
Check out Lee Valley Riding Centre if you're that side of London. I got back into riding there about 6 years ago and really enjoyed it - it was cheaper than Trent Park and far better at the time (I think Trent Park is under different management now), plus I got to know a lovely group of people. There's no hacking but they do have a xc field and the do horse ball.