Riding Schools Edinburgh

Erynn

New User
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations for riding schools in Edinburgh or the surrounding areas? My OH is considering a job offer there but I want to ensure I can continue riding if we move. Currently doing a mix of private and adult group riding lessons at a BHS school as well as horse care lessons. I haven’t been riding very long but I am desperate to continue should we decide to move.

EventingMum

Visit site
I'm from the other side of the country but from what I hear Houston Farm at Uphall is your best bet and is relatively close to Edinburgh, there are others but some don't get the best reviews.

Reactions: TPO

neddy man

Visit site
www.bhs.org.uk is the official website of the British Horse Society scroll to "find a place to ride" click it and put a postcode or location in and it will show you the local BHS registered schools with the best instructors safe horses and insurance cover.

Charley657

Visit site
There are a few riding schools in and around Edinburgh. I have heard good things about Houston Farm. I have ridden at Tower Farm a fair bit in my younger days and the hacking is decent but not sure what things are like with them now. I wouldn't bother with the other Edinburgh one though.