riding schools in Surrey?

ridersince2002

Visit site
Hello, I wonder if anyone on here can help me? and I'm hoping I'm posting in the right place :S

I'm starting my gcse's in September :O and I'm doing P.E, and because I ride and it's one of
the only sports I do I'd like to use that. I've spoken to my teacher and she said that it's fine for me to do so :D

anyway, I need to find a riding school near me (I live in Surrey) so I was wondering if anyone knew of any good ones with horses that aren't dead to the leg or lazy if you know what I mean.

and I'm not a beginner, I've been riding for about 8 years, but mental Arabs without any real lessons!
hope you can help, thanks

Last edited:

Shay

Visit site
There might well be something closer but what about Wildwoods in Tadworth or Larris Farm outside guildford? Possibly also Silvermere in Cobham?

You could also try your PC Branch's Cheif Instructor - they can sometimes do the assessment. Or have a private assessment at your yard.

But you do need to sort out where and how you will be assessed before committing to Riding as one of your choices. Previous posts to this board suggest that if you wait until the end of the course you can have problems finding someone.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I can't remember the name of it, but there's one close to the centre of Dorking, at the foot of the Ranmore Road. Your Dad might know where I mean. If you turn left out of Attlees, turn left again where the little row of shops is (signed Ranmore) and it's off that road. Not very helpful, am I? ...sorry...

SNORKEY

Visit site
Hi, Bridelways run by sally bishop is a nice little yard, I used to work there years ago.
She has some riding school horses, and big dressage horses and other full liverys there, so there's a good variety to ride.
She's up chappel lane in Dorking, near Poulston Lacey.

jmason

Visit site
Don't know about Wildwoods but do know that Willow Farm Stud has a range of horses/ponies.
Some have competed BSJA and the yard is quite jump focused.
I would say for a riding school they have some cracking horses and yes of course some are a bit slower to react to the aids they also have a selection that are very responsive.

suzi

Visit site
I don't know about the horses at Willow Farm but Wildwoods run BHS training to at least Stage 3 level.

For Stage 3 the horses need to be capable of jumping a 1m course so imagine they have quite a range of horses.

Luci07

Visit site
I can't remember the name of it, but there's one close to the centre of Dorking, at the foot of the Ranmore Road. Your Dad might know where I mean. If you turn left out of Attlees, turn left again where the little row of shops is (signed Ranmore) and it's off that road. Not very helpful, am I? ...sorry...

I think you mean Dorking Riding Stables! but not sure if that is still open or whats its like. They were kind enough to let some of my yard rent their school when it was horrendous/snowing last winter.

Orchard Cottage in Reigate has a good reputation too..

berry

Visit site
I really recommend Willow Farm Stud in Chobham and Silvermere Equestrian Centre in Cobham. Both have a wide range of horses and both have yard managers that compete BSJA so very jumping focused!!