Riding schools near Cirencester

NinjaPony

Visit site
Looking for a decent riding school near Cirencester when I’m up there for a few days as my own pony is currently out of action. Not necessarily looking for a super wow dressage school master but I would like a lesson on a decently schooled horse with a view to helping keep my riding up to scratch! Any recommendations? Have heard mixed things about Talland/Summerhouse!

daydreamer

Visit site
Many years ago now (probably around 12-13) I had lessons at Talland. I used to go in the evening though. It was a bit hit and miss- we used to get trainee instructors whose skill and enthusiasm varied and who changed fairly often, the horses varied a lot too. However the lessons were usually really quiet, often only 2 or 3 people (sometimes it was just me!) so there was a lot of individual attention. I had some lessons during the day there and always ended up rammed in the school with about 6 other lessons going on too leaving me on a 20m circl. I would say like any riding school just give it a go and see how you get on.

Hollychops

Visit site
I used to ride a Talland (before they moved to their present location) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I used to pay the extra so i didnt get a trainee instructor (when i could afford it) and never had any issues with over stuffed schools or instructors. You can only try and if you dont like it, vote with your feet.

NinjaPony

Visit site
Looks like Talland is worth a try then, I’ll give them a ring and see what they can offer! Thanks for the opinions