Riding schools with option to share/loan horse around Edinburgh/Midlothian

lunanell

New User
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently taken up riding again after a break (stopped at 13 ish and starting again at 24). I was wondering if anyone knew of any yards that do riding lessons & share/part loan of a horse around Edinburgh/Penicuik/Midlothian. Or if anyone needs a hand looking after their horse and would be willing to take someone on? I can tack up/muck out etc.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Hello, welcome to the forum!😀
Shares are best found by word of mouth in my experience.
If it was me, I 'd look for the best place for lessons first. Put the word out at the yard once you have shown your face & people have seen you ride.
Maybe ask if you can put a notice in the brew room at a couple of other yards ..." I currently ride at.. & they know me, I can.." That sort of thing.
Vets, tack shops, farriers, feed merchants can be good sources of local contacts too.
Good Luck!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I seem to recall someone over Haddington way posting once about needing sharers…might have been on Central Scotland livery yard page…they seemed to have numerous animals..perhaps they were a riding school or trekking centre.

alibali

Visit site
Kingdom horses on Facebook in Burntisland (Fife). Lots of private people on the Facebook group Horses and ponies for loan or share Scotland