Riding stables in SW London

maxapple

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good riding school in SW London (I live near Wimbledon so in cycling / bus ride radius)
Moved this way in Nov from the other side of London so don't know any places at all. Would like somewhere that does hacking as well as lessons.
Thanks

Mike007

Visit site
Blimey! Is Ridgeway still going.I used to deliver hay to them 40 years ago.

Last edited:

chaps89

Visit site
I'd recommend Wimbledon village. You also have Kingston riding centre and a place in Richmond (you might need to have a google) and Ealing riding school as well.

peanut

Visit site
I would highly recommend Kingston Riding Centre (although I haven't been there for a couple of years). Large indoor and outdoor schools with fabulous hacking in Richmond Park.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Blimey! Is Ridgeway still going.I used to deliver hay to them 40 years ago.

Yes it is!
Julia still at the helm too I believe.
I was a regular there sorting their tack out in the 90's
But OP one word of caution, Wimbledon week is on soon, avoid the area like the plague as traffic will be horrendous and at a stand still.
I never used to go to either Ridgway or Wimbledon Village stables during this week as it took me literally hours to get through the traffic, I just hoped nothing would need mending or flocking during this week !
Oz

Shay

Visit site
The one near Richmond is Stag Lodge - they have 2 establishments at different ends of the park. You can also hack out only from Holly Lodge within the park itself.