Riding weekends in Ireland

Twiglet

Visit site
Hello all, has anyone done a riding weekend in Ireland?
Just want to do some good trail riding on decent horses, preferably on a beach or two at some point.....

I'm a bit of a wimp, so don't want anything with too heavy an emphasis on cross country - would rather decent scenery and opportunities for fast work on forward going sane horses!

Will be flying from Stansted into any Ryanair/Easyjet destination!

lorenababbit

Visit site
you need to contact the irish horse board but think if you do web search on horse holidays in co donegal you will find one. i did an article about it for them but cant find it now, they have a booklet with loads places in it. dress warm though because let me tell you the winds are foerce even when the weather good!!

CastleMouse

Visit site
This website is quite helpful - http://www.ehi.ie/
smile.gif

There is a lovely riding stables in Dingle, Co. Kerry, where they do fantastic beach rides!
smile.gif

lorenababbit

Visit site
that was one of the places i went!! the riding is fantastic and i had a lovely horse to ride. the have some marvelous animals and i beliueve that is the one that william fox pitt got moon man from. if you go you know if it is they had piccies all over the tack room x

Jiffy

photobucket.com
OmG, I was just about to ask about the west coast as my ex-riding instructor from about 15yrs ago works at a place that's as far west as you can go in Ireland!

Any website links for the one you recommend Snowflake?