Ridings Holidays, what would you what, researching please help

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Hi,
Ive got a friend who is thinking of setting up a riding holiday centre, here in Spain. So ive said I would do a bit of research for her, its ok us here saying people would like/expect this, this and this, so heres some questions, feel free to add too. or give suggestions, ideas etc...

So if you booked a riding holiday, what would you want from it,

1.How manys days in Spain would you want? not including the days you fly.
2.How many hours riding per day would you want to do?
3.Would you want just hacking or would you like a lesson/s as well or just a holiday having lessons. ie: Jumping/dressage/western etc...
4.What sort of horses would you want to ride if coming to Spain, just Spainish horses. or would you not mind the breed as long as they were well schooled?
5.What sort of accomadation would you expect?
6.What sort of food?
7.What sort of tack would you want to ride in, english/western/spanish etc...
8.What time of year would you come?
9.What size group of people would you be happy with.
10.Would you want a day off in the middle of the holiday to explore Spain ie; go shopping, go to the beach etc...or would you want to ride for the whole holiday?
11.Would you expect a pool.
12. With or without children. Minimum age?

And lastly, what would you be prepared to pay?

Thanks a lot,
Jenny xx

Tia

Visit site
1.How manys days in Spain would you want? not including the days you fly. 5 days riding.

2.How many hours riding per day would you want to do? 2-3 hours per day

3.Would you want just hacking or would you like a lesson/s as well or just a holiday having lessons. ie: Jumping/dressage/western etc...hacking only

4.What sort of horses would you want to ride if coming to Spain, just Spainish horses. or would you not mind the breed as long as they were well schooled? I wouldn't consider staying somewhere who did not offer Spanish horses

5.What sort of accomadation would you expect? Cottage, apartment......anything but would have to have it's own loo and electricity

6.What sort of food? Spanish fayre

7.What sort of tack would you want to ride in, english/western/spanish etc...Spanish
8.What time of year would you come? Spring, Summer, Autumn

9.What size group of people would you be happy with. 5 - 10

10.Would you want a day off in the middle of the holiday to explore Spain ie; go shopping, go to the beach etc...or would you want to ride for the whole holiday? 1 day to go shopping, exploring

11.Would you expect a pool. Yes definitely

12. With or without children. Minimum age? Wouldn't care

And lastly, what would you be prepared to pay? £1,500 max

Just to add, this is purely my personal thoughts - it wouldn't matter where I was going for a riding holiday BUT I would only consider places that are authentic. ie. Riding Icelandics in Icelandic Saddles if I went to Iceland.......riding quarter horses in western saddles if I went to the States......riding Spanish horses in Spanish saddle if I went to Spain.

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

Bess

Visit site
1.How manys days in Spain would you want? not including the days you fly. <span style="color:blue">5 days would be fine </span>
2.How many hours riding per day would you want to do? <span style="color:blue"> 3 - 4 either a longer hack or split lesson morning/hack late afternoon </span>
3.Would you want just hacking or would you like a lesson/s as well or just a holiday having lessons. ie: Jumping/dressage/western etc... <span style="color:blue"> Yes the occasional lesson dressage or jumping </span>
4.What sort of horses would you want to ride if coming to Spain, just Spainish horses. or would you not mind the breed as long as they were well schooled? <span style="color:blue"> I would expect there to be some Spanish horses but personally wouldn't mind a mix of breeds </span>
5.What sort of accomadation would you expect? <span style="color:blue"> Own room with en-suite </span>
6.What sort of food? <span style="color:blue"> Local dishes </span>
7.What sort of tack would you want to ride in, english/western/spanish etc... <span style="color:blue"> English or Spanish </span>
8.What time of year would you come? <span style="color:blue">Spring or Autumn, I would avoid summer because of the heat </span>
9.What size group of people would you be happy with. <span style="color:blue"> A small group for lessons and up to 8 for hacks </span>
10.Would you want a day off in the middle of the holiday to explore Spain ie; go shopping, go to the beach etc...or would you want to ride for the whole holiday? <span style="color:blue"> A day out would be good </span>
11.Would you expect a pool. <span style="color:blue"> Yes </span>
12. With or without children. Minimum age? <span style="color:blue"> Don't mind about kids, wouldn't expect many in term time</span>

And lastly, what would you be prepared to pay? <span style="color:blue"> £700 to £1000 </span>

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I thought that I had already replied to this and seeing as our pickles are related I'd better help out!!!

1.How manys days in Spain would you want? not including the days you fly. <font color="red">7 minimum </font>
2.How many hours riding per day would you want to do? <font color="red">4-5 </font>
3.Would you want just hacking or would you like a lesson/s as well or just a holiday having lessons. ie: Jumping/dressage/western etc... <font color="red"> maybe lessons in the morning and hacking in the afternoons or mixture in the height of summer</font>
4.What sort of horses would you want to ride if coming to Spain, just Spainish horses. or would you not mind the breed as long as they were well schooled? <font color="red"> Spanish horses preferably</font>
5.What sort of accomadation would you expect? <font color="red">traditional spanish apartment/pension </font>
6.What sort of food? <font color="red"> traditional spanish </font>
7.What sort of tack would you want to ride in, english/western/spanish etc... <font color="red"> would be willing to try other tacks </font>
8.What time of year would you come? <font color="red"> spring or summer when its not too hot </font>
9.What size group of people would you be happy with. <font color="red"> half a dozen at the most </font>
10.Would you want a day off in the middle of the holiday to explore Spain ie; go shopping, go to the beach etc...or would you want to ride for the whole holiday? <font color="red"> I'd probably have a couple of days chilling at the beginning and then again at the end </font>
11.Would you expect a pool. <font color="red"> without a doubt </font>
12. With or without children. Minimum age? <font color="red"> a choice would be great, no reason why they could not run kids and no kids groups</font>

And lastly, what would you be prepared to pay? <font color="red"> depends on what the deal is, if accommodation is not included and your just taking about the riding I would expect to pay £50 per day </font>

Thanks a lot,
Jenny xx

[/ QUOTE ]