Right. Elf On A Shelf, a racing question ...

Mrs B

Visit site
It was chaos, wasn't it? Nothing injured but a bit heart-stopping and hilarious in equal measures. Especially the commentator trying to make any sense of it all.

Presume the commentator was kind of supposed to understand what was happening before they accepted the gig ... ?‍♀️

Nothing injured as far as I can see and none of the fences look too bad but the sign-posting was a bit suss ...?!?

Visit site
I’ve seen this before, half the jockeys went one way, the others another and none knew exactly where they where supposed to go

Visit site
It's a French version of the Cross Country race hence the weird obstacles and directions. It all started to go wrong when they made an error over which side of the hedge to go then one jockey get buggered off with - and continues to next to the loose horse for quite a way which doesn't help as a few others follow him thinking he knows where he is going. Some go a different way. Most pull up when they realise they don't have a clue what is going on but 2 different pairs keep going on 2 different routes. Even the commentator got lost and didn't know which pair to follow.

I think in the end the 2 that did take the right route finished a couple of lengths apart and then the winner got disqualified - a weight issue I think?

Either way the French are as mad as box of frogs!

Mrs B

Visit site
It's a French version of the Cross Country race hence the weird obstacles and directions. It all started to go wrong when they made an error over which side of the hedge to go then one jockey get buggered off with - and continues to next to the loose horse for quite a way which doesn't help as a few others follow him thinking he knows where he is going. Some go a different way. Most pull up when they realise they don't have a clue what is going on but 2 different pairs keep going on 2 different routes. Even the commentator got lost and didn't know which pair to follow.

I think in the end the 2 that did take the right route finished a couple of lengths apart and then the winner got disqualified - a weight issue I think?

Either way the French are as mad as box of frogs!

Thank you for the explanation ... maybe freestyle racing could become a 'thing' - choose your own direction, course, pace and style ... betting on it would be fun ...

little_critter

Visit site
Sounds like the indoor cycling event (Maddison? or Omni?) where it's a big pack race, there are sprints within the race where you get points for being first, people get lapped and somehow the officials determine where the front of the race is.

Visit site
At Cheltenham a few years ago a jockey looks through all the rules and found a loop hole - you didn't have to go round the box hedges! And so he cut off a massive corner, went from last to first and went on to win the race. Obviously a stewards enquiry was called, all evidence and rules looked at and he got to keep the race because he didn't do anything wrong technically. They have put it int he rules now that you have to go round the box hedges! But fair play to him for his ingenuity!

Velcrobum

Visit site
At Cheltenham a few years ago a jockey looks through all the rules and found a loop hole - you didn't have to go round the box hedges! And so he cut off a massive corner, went from last to first and went on to win the race. Obviously a stewards enquiry was called, all evidence and rules looked at and he got to keep the race because he didn't do anything wrong technically. They have put it int he rules now that you have to go round the box hedges! But fair play to him for his ingenuity!
Who was that? I wonder if it is on You tube??