RIGHT HORSE RIGHT HOME - anyone used it?

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Question as in the title. Has anyone used RIGHT HORSE RIGHT HOME to help sell a horse? I made the mistake of trying it - listed 2 horses. 6 months went by without a word from them ad the horses were sold by other means. THEN they sent me one enquiry - and hit me for the subscription. (I'd forgotten to cancel as I'd heard nothing for months.)

Has anyone actually managed to sell (or buy) a horse this way - or is it just another way of ripping us off?

lottiepony

Visit site
The problem is you have to pay to be able to contact any of the sellers so that totally put me off when I was looking recently for a friend. I don't see why I should have to pay a fee to contact a seller about a horse that night turn out not to be suitable. I've no idea on their success rate but I imagine the cost involved will put off a lot of people.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
The problem is you have to pay to be able to contact any of the sellers so that totally put me off when I was looking recently for a friend. I don't see why I should have to pay a fee to contact a seller about a horse that night turn out not to be suitable. I've no idea on their success rate but I imagine the cost involved will put off a lot of people.

So the buyers have to pay too?? I hadn't realised THAT! So it IS ripoffsville!

Auslander

Visit site
I got so irritated by them posting on every single horse for sale ad on Facebook that I resolved NEVER to use them, either to buy or sell. I hate spammy marketing like that

lottiepony

Visit site
So the buyers have to pay too?? I hadn't realised THAT! So it IS ripoffsville!
Yes i went through the process to register and then it tells you it's a monthly subscription see below...

To make contact with a horse owner it is necessary to first apply for the horse and in doing so become a Gold Member of Right Horse Right Home at a cost of £12.99 per month. Once a Gold Member, people can then apply for as many horses as they deem suitable although it is strongly advised to have no more than 3 active applications at any one time.