Right. . . . saddle questions. . . .

Flint12

Visit site
Right im am looking for a saddle

My saddler hasn't got anything suitable so she has suggested going down to the local tack shop and picking up four or five for her to have a look at and see if anything fits. . . .

Tack shop have said they have alot in so im hopeful. . .

I am looking for a 16.5 or small 17 medium fit GP

Basically my question is. . .

Are there any makes you would steer clear of? or is anything worth a try that fits into what i am looking for?

My lad is very short back with big withers and big shoulders will this make it hard to find a saddle that is right for me and him. . .?

Thanks, bit of a numpty when it comes to saddles. . . .

D

Donkeymad

Take some photos of your horse with no saddle, rug etc, to the Tack Shop and hopefully they will have someone on-site who can suggest possible saddles for you.

MissGem

Visit site
My horse is similar shape by the sounds of it. Just bought a new Land Rover saddle made by Harry Dabbs. It's fab. No restriction of shoulder, and the shape of the back means that it is great for short backed horses.

Louby

Visit site
My horse has a short back too, big shoulders and decent withers and was fitted with a Harry Dabbs Jaguar saddle 6 yrs ago and apart from the odd tweak has always fit him. I too was told by a respectable saddle fitter that this type of saddle (ie the shape of the back of the saddle) was the only saddle that would fit us both.
Amerigo, passier, the new Albion also do similar, afraid all the expensive ones!