Rio 2016 - how to watch equestrian sports

mandyroberts

Visit site
Can anyone tell me how we can watch the various equestrian sports? I know it will 'probably be on BBC red button' but anything a bit more precise? Like exact times? Or can we watch anywhere else?

cally6008

www.tracingequines.co.uk
Monday 8 August
1.00pm-2.00am
BBC FOUR
The three-day eventing competition is at the cross-country stage with London 2012 silver medallists Great Britain hoping to be at the sharp end of the competition.

Tuesday 9 August
1.45pm-4.00am
BBC ONE
Equestrian’s three-day eventing competition also reaches its climax with Great Britain hoping to turn their London 2012 silver into Rio gold.

Friday 12 August
1.00pm-4.00am
BBC ONE
From 1900 Clare Balding leads as Great Britain looks to make it back-to-back gold medals in the equestrian’s team dressage competition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/search?medium=tv&channel=&yearweek=201632&day=

cally6008

www.tracingequines.co.uk
Monday 15 August
12.50pm-4.00am
BBC ONE
From 1345 there is live coverage from the Equestrian Centre as Olympic and world champion Charlotte Dujardin goes for individual dressage gold again on her horse Valegro.

Friday 19 August
1.00pm-4.00am
BBC ONE
From 1345 there is continued coverage from across Rio, with canoe sprint and BMX cycling semi-finals, individual showjumping and the swimming phase of the women’s modern pentathlon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/search?medium=tv&channel=&yearweek=&day=

teapot

Visit site
Hmm those times seem a little odd - firstly xc won't take 13 hours, and secondly, they're only four hours behind us, with sunset before 6pm their time, they won't be xc-ing in the dark!

ETS: Olympic schedule has xc between 2pm and 7pm our time.

Op - the actual timings will no doubt come out this week - remember the Olympics are filmed by the Olympic broadcaster, BBC merely have the rights to show it so assume they're still finalising it all.

Neversaydie

Undecided
Visit site
Is there online other than BBC iplayer??? I don't watch tv so I have no TV licence nor is my Tv tunes in to anything other than my firestick and Apple TV box.

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
I seem to have several BBC Red Button channels on my Freeview list. 'Equestrian' is listed against BBC RB3 and BBC RB4 at various points over the weekend and Monday. I have set them to record, but have no idea of what I'll get!

sasquatch

Visit site
is Skysports showing them this year?
we have BT Vision and will pay the extra for sky sports if they have better coverage than BBC

also, where is the team showjumping?

case895

Visit site
Are networks other than the BBC covering the Olympics? I don't particularly like BBC and avoid their sports coverage if I can.

marotelle

Visit site
I don't know if you can get STREAMHORSE TV in the UK (I don't see why not) but they are advertising live streaming of ALL equestrian events in Diadoro.It might be in portuguese but I believe they will also have a English commentary.....They are quite reliable ,I follow many events they diffuse in différant countries.

case895

Visit site
Nope. BBC are doing the Olympics, Channel 4 are doing the Paralympics (as it was in 2012).

Bleugh! I wish the BBC offered an option of "no commentary" where you could listen to the event and crowd without having to have the opinions of the highly paid BBC pundits.

BBH

Visit site
I wonder if the commentators are in rio or if they'll be time delays again from delayed feed over here

neddy man

Visit site
BBC red button every day from 1-55 yes you can record it . bbc text page 300 sport has a page sport on tv showing times and channel Nos, i'm sure H&H will have a list on thursday,also odd live ones on bbc1&2 and some on channel 4 there are lists in tv times, and radio times.

teapot

Visit site
Bleugh! I wish the BBC offered an option of "no commentary" where you could listen to the event and crowd without having to have the opinions of the highly paid BBC pundits.

They do on events they're filming eg the dressage at Olympia. The Olympics isn't one of them.

Annagain

Visit site

Just press the mute button?

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I think Ian Stark is excellent, his knowledge of the horses, riders and the sport in general shine through on the cross country. Tina Cook is also very good when she does the red button for Badminton in between riding - can see a career in the media for her when she stops riding.

stimpy

Visit site
Just press the mute button?

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I think Ian Stark is excellent, his knowledge of the horses, riders and the sport in general shine through on the cross country.

I'm with you on that annagain, I think Ian Stark is a brilliant commentator, he is a rare example of a commentator who really enhances the experience of watching.

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
I'm with you on that annagain, I think Ian Stark is a brilliant commentator, he is a rare example of a commentator who really enhances the experience of watching.

Especially when he shouts 'Yikes' when someone has a close shave. Mike Thingummy makes me cringe with his mispronunciation of people's names (and horses too), but otherwise I think the commentators are quite well chosen. I'd rather disagree with a commentator than have someone who is the aural equivalent of Valium.