rip chester

cellie

Visit site
My whole family is devasted.Took golden retriever to vets thinking he was little poorly and had to make huge decision pts or surgery all within 1 hour.At 11 years of age I couldnt put him through major surgery to prolong his life for few months .He had internal bleeding probably from a tumor.I feel so guilty but he had surgery at 7 and was so distraught for weeks I couldnt do it to him again.Im still reeling from shock of it all
He died in my arms
frown.gif

hopppydi

Visit site
I feel so sorry for you and know exactly how you are feeling, 2 of my dogs which i had from birth had to be pts and i was devastated. One was 17 and the other was 19 and had seen me through my teenage years and the birth of my 2 children, they really are part of the family and we grieve for them just the same, you did what you could and gave him a comfortable and peaceful passing which is all you can do
frown.gif

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Aw cellie - what a terrible thing to happen so out of the blue. But the right thing to do and the last and greatest gift we can all give our animals. And in your arms was the safest place for him. RIP Chester and wait for cellie where she'll be able to find you. Have you read Lovely Bones hun? Not about dogs per se but the family dog has a very important little part in it and I howled so much reading it - happy howling - I couldn't see the page xxx

Brandysnap

Visit site
Hi Cellie,

I know how you feel.

You loved him very much, he loved you very much, and you had to make that horrible decision that was the only one you could. Holding him as he died is something important, + proves the level of your love for him. He knew that.

My heart goes out to you, i've lost much-loved dogs in past, totally understand, we're all with you, much love, BS xx

Enfys

Visit site
frown.gif
Sleep Well Chester.

I am so sorry to read this. My sympathy to you and your family, knowing you have done the best for him is absolutely no compensation at all at this time.

misst

Visit site
How awful so sorry - (((HUGS))) it is no consolation now but at least he wasn't ill for long. That will help later....
RIP Chester

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I am so sorry, you did the right thing, you have to tell yourself he had 11 wonderful years, its such a trauma to go through though, i went through similar a few months ago with my old cat, its devastating, but you have to remind yourself how much you loved them and would always do the best by them, which you did *big hugs*