RIP Fella.....

maisie06

Visit site
My wonderful horse was PTS this morning, he went with dignity before his quality of life began to suffer. RIP Lad, you'll never feel pain again.

{97702}

Visit site
Oh bless you, so sorry to read this.... and a heartfelt thank you for being such a caring, lovely owner and doing the right thing for him xx

Finlib

Visit site
so sorry .
Well done to you for being the caring owner that every horse should have it is the last caring thing we can do for our beloved friends however much pain we feel in making the decision.

mastermax

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. We lost our big boy last Tuesday after a torn susp lig back in June just didn't heal after all the box rest and vet help. I am wracked with guilt that "maybe" we should have done it sooner. A day too early is better than a day too late. x

fatpiggy

Visit site
Well done for stepping up to the plate, especially at this time of the year. Yes, you will probably have spells of guilt, but that is absolutely normal. I did the same for my mare two years ago. The writing was on the wall and I knew just how bad it could get so I jumped before I was pushed. I'm grateful that my horse's end was calm and dignified and she knew that she was loved,just like your boy.

Clare85

Visit site
So sorry for you, sounds like you've been brave enough to do the final kindness for him to keep him safe and pain free. Rest peacefully lad. Take care of yourself op x

JillA

Visit site
I love the term a friend used recently for hers "gained his angel wings to cross the bridge". Something reassuring about that - hope it helps in some small way, it is always a wrench.

BuzzyBea

Visit site
I am so sorry to read this :( Our boy was PTS in early September and I understand what a heartbreaking desision it is. Sending big hugs <3

Carpetsmum

Visit site
My boy was also pts this morning - my last memories are of him looking out across the fields, ears pricked and I swear he was smiling! Better today than waiting until he is struggling to breath in the summer. The pain is indescribable - you have my sympathy.

maisie06

Visit site
Thank you all for your kind words, and massive hugs to everyone who has also lost their horse, it wasn't an easy decision but it was the right one to make ......although I found myself making up 2 feeds tonight instead of one....