RIP Matilde

Archangel

Visit site
Yesterday was a tough day, I had to have my lovely rescue cat put down. She had only been with us 18 months, she arrived as a thin, scruffy stray and for about a year she really bloomed - but in the end old age caught up with her and she went suddenly downhill, I rushed her to the vet but there was nothing we could do.

I am heartbroken, she was such a great cat, I wish I could have done more for her. The vet reckoned she was 14/15 years old. Only a few days ago she caught a rat in the chicken run.

Here she is
attachment.php

attachment.php

snoozing with her great friend Purdey (she was a stray at one point too) - we had to buy an extra sofa to provide enough seating for the animals!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

CLM

Visit site
Matilde was a very beautiful cat indeed. She looks so happy and content in those pictures. She was so lucky to have found a lovely home with you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tiffany

Visit site
What a beautiful cat and she's had 18 months in a loving, caring home. Sorry you had to let her go but at least you had 18 months with her and she was fortunate you came along and rescued her. RIP Matilde

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
Had to laugh about the sofa, I bough two wing chairs to replace my two seater sofa, but they were both claimed straight away by the cats!
Hugs, I don't know how I will feel when anything happens to mine, I have had them 11 years.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Yesterday was a tough day, I had to have my lovely rescue cat put down. She had only been with us 18 months, she arrived as a thin, scruffy stray and for about a year she really bloomed - but in the end old age caught up with her and she went suddenly downhill, I rushed her to the vet but there was nothing we could do.

I am heartbroken, she was such a great cat, I wish I could have done more for her. The vet reckoned she was 14/15 years old. Only a few days ago she caught a rat in the chicken run.

Here she is
attachment.php

attachment.php

snoozing with her great friend Purdey (she was a stray at one point too) - we had to buy an extra sofa to provide enough seating for the animals!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Im so sorry Rebel she is beautiful, at least she went to sleep being loved and cared for in a warm family. RIP Matilda :(XX

Burmilla

Visit site
What an exquisite cat! Her name really does suit her. She has the expression of a feline Lady Bracknell, querying the suitability of her staff!
I am so sorry you have lost her. So sad. RIP Matilde. Hugs to you. Thank you for giving her happiness in her life and peace when she left it.

Janah

Visit site
So sorry for your loss.

I have had several cats over the years and the loss never goes away, they are so individual.

She had a good 18 months with you, you could' nt have done more.

hugs

PolarSkye

Visit site
What a simply stunning girl - and how huge must be the hole in your heart/life . . . it WILL get better with time but it will never be the same - and you will adjust to a new normal.

Wishing you peace at this horrible time . . . but hoping you know what a wonderful life you gave your beautiful girl.

Thinking of you.

P