RIP my beautiful girl

Lammy

Visit site
It’s really hard for me to put this into words but my beautiful, sassy, amazing mare was found dead in the field late this morning.

I don’t understand she was just shy of her 21st birthday and feeling great. We had a fast hack on Thursday and she even snuck in a cheeky canter.

I just feel lost now. She was the best mare and I’ll never have another like her. I know it’s still raw but I’m so devastated a thought we had years left together. I’m going to go and sit with her in the field and figure out what I want to do any suggestions will be appreciated but I know I don’t want the hunt to come and take her she deserves more than that.

Bye my beautiful princess, hopefully I’ll see you again.
A4BC81A5-E0F0-4C28-B213-771913FF3439.jpegEE52EB3B-A9BA-4EFB-91EF-FAF1CD4EDBD5.jpeg245B44F1-DD29-4984-B268-EBA5E4E6A6F0.jpeg4B372A24-067C-484E-A4C3-40C63F0A4D82.jpeg

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Oh gosh, what a horrible shock. Is she the foal in your profile pic too? What a lovely girl :(

I know we have collectors who aren't hunt related, if you are on fb the local pages always seem to throw up a few options for people.

Lammy

Visit site
Thank you

She touched a lot of hearts throughout her life so she’ll be greatly missed, most of all by me.

She’s not the one in my profile...I just have a thing for ginger horses with white faces apparently.but she’s been with me since I was 16 she taught me a lot she was my first pony and I already miss her terribly ☹️

pippixox

Visit site
you should be able to find a collector who can even do individual cremation for a cost (perhaps ask vets, they always know)

so sorry for your loss, and in such shocking circumstances

tiggipop

Visit site
So very sorry for your loss

If you own her field and are not close to water course why not get a chap with a digger to bury her? This is what I do

Sending hugs. X x

Mule

Visit site
I'm so sorry, you must have had an awful shock. She was beautiful.

When my favourite mare had to be pts, a neighbour who has a digger dug a grave for her. I planted wildflowers on her grave and it's a nice place to sit by. Sending you virtual hugs xx

Leo Walker

Visit site
I am so very sorry for your loss. I found one of mine dead about this time of year several years ago, I can still remember how shocked I was and not knowing what to do.

Lammy

Visit site
Thank you all for your kind words, went and sat with her for a few hours with a friend and felt more at peace about it.

My young horse is really quite distressed however, they’ve been together since he was 8 months and he’s turning 6 this year. He picked one of her legs up and shook it, I think trying to get a reaction. He’s also been grooming her so excessively that he’s left a rub mark but we’ve left her covered and hopefully he’ll come to an understanding tonight.

The burial suggestion is a good one which I hadn’t thought of so thank you. There is a patch of land I can think of in particular that would be a nice place for her to rest.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I am sorry for your sudden loss, it must have been a dreadful shock. Try to take some comfort from the fact that she was at home, with her companion and it was obviously very quick, she would have known nothing about it.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss, she was beautiful. What a shock for you. X

Your youngster will settle given a bit of time. It took my young mare a few weeks to stop looking for the old girl.

Pc2003

Visit site
Oh that’s probably the worst shock a horse owner will encounter 😞 I’m so sorry. I hope you find closure 😢