RIP Richard Woollocott

Clodagh

Visit site
So I think he took his own life? Having struggled with mental illness. How devastating.
I do hope Beer Goggles runs well and safely tomorrow.

popsdosh

Visit site
So I think he took his own life? Having struggled with mental illness. How devastating.
I do hope Beer Goggles runs well and safely tomorrow.

Please people be respectful of his young family at this time . Only making this point so we dont start speculating on here.

KautoStar1

Visit site
I don't think it's speculation really, his wife has confirmed he struggled from mental illness and there were no suspicious circumstances so it seems pretty likely without them using the word suicide. It's terribly sad. He seemed to be making an excellent job of training and had what appears a happy family life. Clearly his demons were too much for him, poor man. I hope his horse runs well for his family today and there have been some lovely touches from people donating prize money to the fund his wife has set up for Mind and the IJF.

popsdosh

Visit site
I don't think it's speculation really, his wife has confirmed he struggled from mental illness and there were no suspicious circumstances so it seems pretty likely without them using the word suicide. It's terribly sad. He seemed to be making an excellent job of training and had what appears a happy family life. Clearly his demons were too much for him, poor man. I hope his horse runs well for his family today and there have been some lovely touches from people donating prize money to the fund his wife has set up for Mind and the IJF.
I think most are fully aware however sometimes these things have a habit of flying off in all tangents and losing the dignity they deserve. Just really thinking of the kids more than anything.