Rip Totilas

PurBee

Visit site
Awwww...just recently been watching his talent on youtube with Gal....how sad for colic to be the reaper of such magnificence!

It’s watching this horse that has germinated the dressage interest once more!

RIP dancing boy ?

Littlewills

Visit site
I'm sure he had the very best care. His sire died young too, hopefully not a trait in the breeding line.

He really wasn't my cup of tea but I know he meant a lot to a lot of people so it has been a very sad day today.

There is type 2 PSSM in his breeding lines. His sire carries at least one copy of one of the type 2 genes apparently. Although its very unlikely Totilas got to that level with PSSM!

Mule

Visit site
That's sad. Mind you I was surprised he was 20. It didn't seem like he retired that long ago. He's left a big legacy.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I would disagree about and stallions are prone to colic it’s the hormones .
Kostolany lived to a great age he was a really nice stallion he did not have the power they breed for today but I liked him very much .

oldie48

Visit site
I lost my lovely Mr B to colic aged 16, nothing about his management or his breeding that I know of put him at risk he was just very unlucky and his gut twisted. If you have never had to deal with a horse in this amount of pain pray that you never have to, it was the worst evening of my life! I watched a video of totilas's freestyle this morning from 2009 and it was magical, he just found everything so easy. You may not have been a fan of his extravagant movement, I certainly didn't admire the front legs as much as some, but the partnership, fluidity of movement and expression was just joyful to watch and I'll admit I shed a tear or two.

Orangehorse

Visit site
It is sad, and I agree that it doesn't seem that long ago that he retired. Shame that he and Valegro never met in their prime.
He has quite a few offspring that are doing well in the dressage world, they might not have his action but they have his work ethic and enjoyment, and presumable he will continue to sire foals.

RIP boy, you brought a lot of people much joy.