rising trot without stirrups

How many horses do you own?

• Total voters

piaffe

Visit site
Yep! I can do it very very well. had plenty of practice years ago with a very strict trainer
crazy.gif
Must say, i dont do it much out of choice now.

annie02

Visit site
I try to do it every second ride, keeps my legs strong. My trainer got me in the habit. We used to have "posting contests" when I was younger. It was one of the only times it paid off to have a bumpy trot, helped propel you into the rise!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Try doing it on a fat old clydie when you only have short fat little legs - agony the next day.

I can do it and for short periods well, but believe that God made stirrups for a good reason
laugh.gif

Visit site
LOL.. well i was going to try the other day riding buddy bareback.. but his dear little trot moves so damn fast i doubt i could keep up even with stirrups.. but in my lesson on a big horse.. for a while when we started cantering.. my instructor made us do rising trot with one stirrup.. which i found sure did help alot! Because he had us do with without right stirrup.. whcih i did badly.. and then without left which i did really well.. and then.. we had to do it no stirrups.. which i managed ok.. but.. we havent done it since.. and my legs hurt for like a whole week after lol.. but i enjoyed it.. i figured the pain was a good thing.. and i swear i felt stronger because of it.. after just one session.. i think il ask to do it more often actually.. how do the rest of yall learn?!

Rambo

Visit site
I used to be able to do it...a long time ago. However, it doesn't really sit well with the modern style of riding as it implies gripping with the knees
shocked.gif

threeponies

Visit site
I would say I can do it well, too, and I can also do it bareback.
eta that sounds really big headed but the majority of my riding is not fantastic, I need to mentally boost myself whenever I can!!

Sarah1

Visit site
Yep, can do it, had plenty of practice but why would I want to inflict so much pain on myself?!
Agree with Rambo!

teapot

Visit site
Would actually rather do sitting trot for hours than do rising - hate doing it.

Can do it but badly. Can safely say my sitting with & without stirrups is much better. I tend to go all over the place rising with no stirrups

Haven't done it in years