Road and Tracks

sarah23

Visit site
I'm doing Milton Kynes 3DE next month and would like some advice on the road and tracks faze.

There is an optimum time I know for A and C parts but how does that work. Is it like XC and it's better to come under that as someone told me you should just go over it.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks

TableDancer

Visit site
If you want to be competitive, it is very important that you come in under the time as the penalties for exceeding it are draconian. There are no penalties for coming in well inside the time, and many peop
Elike to come in approximately 1 minute under time on Phase A, to gove you time to check girth, put stirrups up etc before the 'chase, and a few minutes early on Phase C to give you some extra time in the D box so it isn't so rushed.

TableDancer

Visit site
If you want to be competitive, it is very important that you come in under the time as the penalties for exceeding it are draconian. There are no penalties for coming in well inside the time, and many people like to come in approximately 1 minute under time on Phase A, to gove you time to check girth, put stirrups up etc before the 'chase, and a few minutes early on Phase C to give you some extra time in the D box so it isn't so rushed.

ETA Whoever said it was ok to go over is clearly completely clueless about this so find another source for advice! :D

elliebrewer98

Visit site
I'm doing Milton Kynes 3DE next month and would like some advice on the road and tracks faze.

There is an optimum time I know for A and C parts but how does that work. Is it like XC and it's better to come under that as someone told me you should just go over it.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks

You need to come under the time but I did MK 3DE last year and although I have a fizzy pony she had no trouble making the time. The one thing which I found absolutely necessary was making sure I'd practised the distances and timings before I went so I knew roughly how much walk, trot and canter I needed to do! It turned out to be vital when I got there and was fully prepared:)

sarah23

Visit site
Thanks every one, and YES I'm very competitive lol

The person that told me does endurance so I think there ways might be a bit different.

Last question. Were you allowed to exercise your horses later in the afternoon/evening around the tracks ? I did the riding club one a few years ago and we were allowed to, which I found very helpful with my times.