Robinsons requisite rugs, any good?

Blitzen

Visit site
I found the 'neck hole' on the one I bought was faaar too big. It fitted her length perfectly but the neck was too wide, it was low at the front and slipped behind her withers. I gave it away as 2 hours of wearing it rubbed her raw. And she's a big shouldered cob! Maybe it was just that style but I've never bought one again. Am vaguely tempted by their Ultimate Turnout rug, but don't know whether to risk it!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
You should have just put a couple of tacks in the neck either side Laura, that would have lifted it to fit so it didn't move backwards.

OP, some of them can be brilliant and tough wearing, I wouldn't discount them at all but I don't know about the rug you want as I use half necks.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I haven't used the ones with a neck, but have used the regular stable rugs They aren't bad, but I have good middleweights, and they need a size bigger than usual.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've had a couple of the really cheap sale stable rugs, under £20 each, & thery have lasted well. They are a little sponge like though when it comes to soaking up wee! :(

Blitzen

Visit site
Didn't even think of that Maesfen! Good job it was only a cheapie in the sale, or I'd really be kicking myself now! Lol
(then again, I'm the idiot who managed to sew the tough skin on my hand to a pair of trousers I was altering without realising, so maybe its best I leave needles and thread well alone :D )

POLLDARK

Visit site
I once bought a Requiste rug & found it to be flimsy & the straps became like string very quickly. Perhaps a one off, I couldn't say as I never bought another.