Robinsons Robust Jodhpurs!

FabulousFlynn'sMum

Visit site
Hi guys, hoping you can help. I love these jods, for those who arnt familiar with them they are a ribbed polyester type fabric and therefore much more flattering than the usual plain cotton jods, well, when youre a size 16/18 they are! Anyway just gone to order some beige ones online for competing and apparently Robinsons have discontinued the beige ones!!!!!! Im devastated! So can any of you recommend another pair of jods which are the old fashioned polyester type, not the cotton/spandex ones that you only seem to be able to get these days, plus if they are ribbed polyester that would be even better! Many thanks in advance guys xxxxxx

cronkmooar

Visit site
RTS sportline do bentex seat breeches which are cotton but are like old fashioned cotton twill so very thick and hide any lumps and bumps and help keep the tummy in ;)

Both the bentex seat and rest of the breeches are elasticated so very comfy to ride in

Only problem is they are pricey and you buy on line from Germany but they come quickly by DHL

I have a couple of pairs that are pushing 5/6 years old and the only problem I have had is having to sew the waistband back on in a couple of places after 2/3 years - but this is because I have long nails and I pull it off (same issue with knickers and the elastic :eek:)

If you go for them get a size bigger because they do shrink a bit with washing and tumbling

FabulousFlynn'sMum

Visit site
Ooh thanks cronkmooar, ill go and have a look now. Think ive found something similar here too, Gorringe 400 range, with or without a proseat, they arnt ribbed but are 100% poly, so thats a start!, Grrr, gutted about Robinsons, they are the best most comfy jods ive ever had, oh and the cheapest too! xx

WindyStacks

Visit site
I was quite disappointed with my Robinsons' jods - ordered a size 18 and they're HUGE, like "slacks". I prefer a little elastic to hold all my wobbles in place!

FabulousFlynn'sMum

Visit site
You didnt get the Robust ones in beige by any chance did you WindyStacks, cos if so, ill happily buy them off you?! The Requisite Robust ones are the only ones of theirs I like I must admit, I generally get the size 34" but could probs get away with a 32" and I find being the ribbed poly material, they hide a multitude of sins (oh and wobbles!) xx

WindyStacks

Visit site
Sorry, they're not.

If you've got a little cash, check out Tyson's breeches on eBay Germany. Beate makes them with old-fashioned thick twill, high waistbands, belt loops and I believe "girders"! ;-) She speaks English so don't be afraid to drop her a line.