Rode Bonnie again @ the W-end!!!

bandit

Visit site
morning...

just a quick post to say i got back on Bonnie at the w/end. not for long, but it was enough for both of us I htink..

Lunged her saturday morning, and turned her out for hte day, brought her in in hte afternoon, lunged again and then rode in the school for about 5 mins, but i did walk, trot and canter on both reins.. its the cantering that i was slightly worried about as that is obviously when she bucks!!!

then on sunday morning, i lunged her for about 20 mins, then got on her... again rode around the arena till i was confident i could hack around the fields with her... then we went around the fields, and in the end i actually cantered her in the open space on both reins and she was as good as gold!!!

so really chuffed, it's going in the right direction - she does appear calmer after being on magnesium for over a week now and also i've dropped her feed right down.

some pics of her in the gallery to come - a bit of a before and after one i think...

cheers guys..

Bx

Tempi

Visit site
thats great news that you've got back on her and shes going well. Hopefully the magnesium is working then
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Oh that is good news hunny
smile.gif

Fingers x we dont have any repeat performances!! now that your sorting out her food etc you shouldnt have any more trouble!

Im keeping my new pony on just Hifi and carrots just in case
wink.gif

bandit

Visit site
hey thanks guys!!!

she seems alot calmer in her self actually, not just ridden. i'm going to take it easy for a while as i'm off to Dubai in 5 weeks and don't want to miss out - was going to go on a xc clinic but htink i may be best waiting!!! i'll just concentrate on flat work and jumping at home!!

BB's - your new horse sounds and looks lovely - good idea on diet too!! what is his breeding?