Rope Twitch

Tegan

Visit site
Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy a good (soft) rope twitch. My cob has to have his legs clipped to control feather mites and is very difficult to do due to the fact that the mites have made his legs sore in the past (although under control with regular dectomax injections now). The only way I can do it is to twitch him and he gets the humane twich straight off. I have made one but it has marked his lip. Unfortunately we have to leave it on for 20-30 mins as once it is off he will not let you put it back on so I just have to clip fast!

We have tried sedalin but it doesn't help. The vets at Liphook also tried whilst he was sedated for a bone scan but said that he wouldn't let them near him legs and he would have to be heavily sedated. I am relauctant to heavily sedate him as we clip every 6 weeks. He is fully clipped and hogged so although the main reason we clip his legs is to control the mites he would look a bit silly with feathers. The poor boy is okay to clip apart from his legs so it is obviously related to his history of mites.

Thanks
Tegan