ROR - a worthy class

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Watched this class today at B&W and it was great to see a 20yo who had won £1.5 million looking incredible and going really well. It did not get placed but it just shows how great these classes are. A friends horse was doing one for a bit of fun and John Dunlop knew the breeding and the dam which makes it all a bit more special for the person taking part.

Guy Landau was the riding judge and they all went beautifully for him. A lot of them were tense and het up but went very calmly for him. He really is a superb horseman. My advice is that if you have a nice ex racehorse they are well worth trying.

ColouredFan

Visit site
I will quite often watch these classes as I cant believe how well some of these ex racers look! Is there not an ex racer section in the search for a star series? this would be well worth a go for anyone for qualifies
grin.gif

jules89

Visit site
My friend has an ex national hunt (that's flat racing yeah?) and he has the most AMAZING movement, he is just building up and it's fascinating seeing him learn how to use himself, brilliant stuff.

Mosh

Visit site
That is my aim for my boy.
To do some ROR classes with him. I don't know if We'll do well but I think its a brilliant idea and can't wait to try!!

Rafferoo

Visit site
Mine is a tad scrawny for the riding horse classes but am hoping to do some of the ROR racehorse to performance horse classes this year. They have jumps too so more excriting!!

I think the classes are fantastic too and just show how versatile ex-racehorses can be. I bought mine off the track after a five year racing career and whilst it has not been without challenges along the way he really is an amazing little horse and has been well worth the work
smile.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My friend has an ex national hunt (that's flat racing yeah?) .

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.. flat racing would generally be called 'flat' racing
wink.gif
haha.. Therefore National Hunt are the ones that jump
wink.gif

I'm not sure, but i think ROR have something to do with BD/BSJA/BE, where you can get points for getting places.. and i know there's a championship for BE, am i right in thinking that it started at Barbury, then moved to Blair??
Polly would like to aim for it
cool.gif

She's a proper racehorse too, as some of them haven't even seen a race-track.. I think they have changed the rules tho? In that your ex-racehorse actually has to have run before it can take part in any of these classes.
smile.gif

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Yes, they do have to have raced now! The class I did last year was a real eye opener, the vast majority were show hack types, with Macgeorge (the horse lec saw) and mine looking like a pair of enormous hulks!
blush.gif

Good fun and I am doing some more this season with Sovereign and Emerald!
cool.gif
(Both who have raced properly!)
grin.gif

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
My friend has an ex national hunt (that's flat racing yeah?) and he has the most AMAZING movement, he is just building up and it's fascinating seeing him learn how to use himself, brilliant stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why I love my two, Sov is NH bred not a flashy mover but makes me feel like a very elegant rider (which I am so not!) and Emmy is flat bred (but was too slow/idle so they tried him in hurdles, still too idle, so they gave up
smirk.gif
) and has a-m-a-z-i-n-g paces. But he is an idle little toad (AP McCoy will vouch for it
blush.gif
)

TarrSteps

Visit site
Yes, they have to have actually raced now, not just been in training. And, yes, there is a points scheme for the various disciplines, although I have no clue if you have to register ahead of time or just submit your points after the fact. I'm sure one of the ex-racers clubs would know the drill.

Gamebird

Visit site
I think it's still at Barbury MdM, run over the Nov course and fairly competitive. Saw something about it recently. Maybe in BE Mag?

lucygunson

Visit site
Guy is fab he lives down the road from me and is a fantatsic horseman!!!
grin.gif

I was going to take mine to B & W but he has only done one small show so didnt know if he would behave well enough for it!!! maybe next year,
Last year we registered with the SEIB for their ex racehorse points thing (unafilliated combined discipline) and came 6th nationally complete surprise as i was off for 3 months due to health issues and wasnt even going to send my points card off - so glad i did though as we got a super rossette!!!!
smile.gif

Taboo1968

Visit site
woooohooooo, so now you have to be a proper ex racer to take part instead of a pampered TB that was thrown into training for two weeks and pampered for the rest of its days before hitting the show circuit!
I am so glad they have changed the rules - it was a long time coming!

Lolo

Visit site
I have absolutely no concrete proof my horse raced- do I need it? He was born before the time of certificating everyhting and he never won anything (worse than useless- he throws tantrums if someone overtakes him and just refuses to play!).... However, those performance classes sound right up Cheeky's street.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Type his name into Racing Post its the easiest way to have a look. Racing Post is an amazing tool for looking up TBs.

Blackwijet

Visit site
SEIB have two Racehorse 2 Riding horse competitions. One is a show horse qualifier (6 venues) for HOYS and the other is the points based system where you register with SEIB. Full info at www.racehorse2ridinghorse.co.uk . Both SEIB and ROR competitions insist that the horse must have actually raced now. Easiest way to check is to go to www.racingpost.com and you can check your horse's racing history provided you have it's original racing name or ID no. (on the passport). Hope that helps!