Pictures Rose's first day.

oldie48

Visit site
Thanks for all your kind wishes, she seems a really lovely mare and I am keeping very busy sorting out saddles, bridles etc for her. I was so lucky to have found Bisto and I miss him so much but having Rose to think about is really helping me get through, what is, a very sad time. My lovely saddler has lent me a couple of saddles to try as he couldn't get out to me, a friend has lent me bridles as I had nothing to fit and I've had so many calls and messages from kind friends that I am quite over whelmed! i will post regularly and let you know how we get on. Best wishes.

oldie48

Visit site
Sorted out a saddle which almost fits (lovely saddler will get to me asap) and now have a bridle which does fit and a bit which seems fine. Didn't ride yesterday but had a low key lesson today. Wow, not lazy, very perky and tbh a lot more horse than I initially tried but not in a scary way! She is very well schooled, knows her job and is actually quite sensitive. Oh dear Oldie, she showed up all my riding faults! Too much hand, not enough leg, turn her with your body and seat cos that is all you need, leave her bloody head alone, she's on the bit so stop fiddling! I am on another journey but I think I have found another kind and generous horse who is willing to let me learn. My plan is to get loads of help and take it slowly until I have proper control of her, she is lovely and I don't want to piss her off too much. she has an awesome walk and she's quite supple despite her time off. She is a complete joy to handle. the only downside is she doesn't like Little Fatty, which is so sad for him as Bisto loved him. Perhaps she'll warm to him over time but for the time being LF keeps his distance!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
how nice to see that your new horse is a star. you may find that she warms to fatty after a bit of time. i think mares can be more cautious than geldings when meeting new horses. please keep us updated she sounds just right as you will have to ride her differently to bisto so wont feel the need to compare.....