rosettes - need your views please

LeneHorse

Visit site
We are having a yard show just for the liveries and are trying to source rosettes as cheaply as possible. The really cheap ones have a safety pin fastening but I think they are tacky and would prefer to spend slightly more to get a 'hook' fastening so they can clip on to a bridle.
Would you be happy with receiving a safety pin rosette at a show or do you agree with me that a hook is preferable?

Equi

Visit site
Hook everytime. There is no way to attach the pin one to the horse safely, and most people want a pic of the horse with the rosette on the halter/bridle. I do anyway. And then when you get it home you can't attach it anywhere unless it has a material there, but they never sit right.

eggs

Visit site
When I was young, many years ago! - the cheaper rosettes - which are the ones we used to get at riding school and local shows - had a longish thin white tape glued to the back that you used to tie it to the bridle, plaits, whatever.

If the ones with the safety pins are much cheaper maybe you could get them and then buy some tape and glue that to the rosette and remove the safely pin.

Visit site
Hook all day long! It's too fiddly trying to pin a rosette onto yourself if your horse is a fidget and it's just annoying holding onto it! A few of my ponies aren't keen on rosettes on their bridles as they lean on the ears (shetlands with small heads!) so I put them on my number string - hook on and twist round a time or two then they wont fall off!