Rot down your poo, cut fuel costs, save the planet

cp1980

Visit site
Off work with flu today. So got bored and had a look on the internet for biogas.

Basically, as manure rots down it emits methane, which is 4 times more potent a contriutor to climate change than CO2.

You can get special composters that rot down your manure and extract and refine the methane given off and can store it as natual gas.

Then you pump this natural gas (at very high pressure) into cylinders attached to your 4x4 or horsebox and drive around without having to pay for diesel and without adding any additional carbon into the atmosphere (the carbon emited will be reabsorbed by the grass as it re-grows) - in fact you'll be "cleaning" the emissions from your horses.

Obviously, you might need more than one horse to run a 4x4 or lorry regularly, but it could pay for itself at a racing yard or something...

grin.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I've heard of someone who does that. I believe he also heats his house that way. Rather expensive to set up, I think, and I'm sure Tony Blair will find a way to tax it, but aren't horses versatile?
smile.gif
Just out of curiosity, doesn't cow poo release much more methane than horse poo?