round bales in the field

mandwhy

Visit site
Does anybody have any good recommendations for round bale nets or have you used them? I have my haflinger and Welsh in a big but likely to become boggy field, and I need to start feeding hay for the haffy but the last bale we put in made the Welsh bloated as it was a bit early really, there's stuff to pick at but the haffy needs the calories in winter. I can't really separate them as the haffy gets stressed, and the Welsh doesn't stay in anyway.

It will be really impractical to bring out small amounts of hay as I have nowhere to store it, and for the effort the hay is cheap enough to accommodate some wastage, I just need to slow them down!

DGIN

Visit site
I put a big bale out on my hard standing area, I just cut little holes in the top of the plastic and they just pull it through the holes, ive never had a problem doing it this way and it keeps the haylage altogether. It works for mine :)

Mananzwa

Visit site
Perhaps try one of those grazing muzzles on the Welshie. They provide an obstacle reducing the amount of grass they can ingest. Personally never used one but have read about them.