Rowallan

Nic

Visit site
Went to Rowallan BSJA last night & came 2nd in the BN & Disco.
grin.gif

Well SJ is definately improving, just need to sort out stressage now
smirk.gif

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
How can you afford all this competing???!! I'm so jealous!
wink.gif
I'm the person who longs for the lottery win so I can get a new lorry and compete with a string of horses full time....

Well done, though!
grin.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Well done, brill result!

noodlejaffa, know what you mean about the cost of competing, permanently skint, desperately want to do the ODE at Standish, but need to find £80 for entry, start fee, and day ticket!!!! Nightmare!

Nic

Visit site
I can't hence why poor Tallulah is up for adoption
frown.gif

Mum & Dad pay some of the Diesel costs & I still live at home cos I'm too poor to move out!

but the £15 prize money helped

It's Blair this month that is going to cripple me, £200 in stabling & entry fees
shocked.gif
crazy.gif

Bl00dy expensive hobby!
shocked.gif

Looks like we might be looking for a new home for the little pony too
frown.gif
frown.gif

Nic

Visit site
At least at BSJA you have a chance of winning back your entry fees at BE you cant until novice level.

D is doing well BSJA, won over £80 this month. Been eventing (albeit badly!) since April & won a can of codlivine(sp)

But I must be nuts cos I'd still rather event
smirk.gif

Nic

Visit site
Oh & forgot to say I have no life outside horses(sad cow!)- no meals out not many new clothes & even then they are for work. 1 weeks holiday a year (well I need the rest for competing
tongue.gif
)

Limited takeaways/ movies/ daytrips and no social life of any shape or form outside a bottle of wine at overnight events!

Ok I am a sad git & going to crawl under my stone now
frown.gif
grin.gif

Noodlejaffa

I'm worse than that. My husband and I haven't been on holiday for three years and I haven't seen a movie for 6 years (!). As he competes as well, we have to divide up the weekends. Only time we don't compete is Nov and Dec.

Saving for a new lorry isn't working very well at the moment, but at least I won back my entry fee for Burgie!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Oh & forgot to say I have no life outside horses(sad cow!)- no meals out not many new clothes & even then they are for work. 1 weeks holiday a year (well I need the rest for competing
tongue.gif
)

Limited takeaways/ movies/ daytrips and no social life of any shape or form outside a bottle of wine at overnight events!

Ok I am a sad git & going to crawl under my stone now
frown.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm the same, very rarely go out, get weeky food parcels off mum and hardly every buy clothes, just get the odd thing off ebay! Can't remember last time I went to the piccies and had one takeaway in the last 3 mths!

Just need my lottery no's to come up, or a rich man!

Nic

Visit site
Yay well done you.

Me and OH got our first holiday together this year managed to get a really good deal to Tenerife.

I have to confess we did get Pirates of the Caribean out on video(YES VIDEO
grin.gif
) on Friday.

It must be far harder when you have a house to pay for & everything that goes with it. I don't envy you. I would never manage to compete without the full support of my parents.

Noodlejaffa

[ QUOTE ]

It must be far harder when you have a house to pay for & everything that goes with it. I don't envy you. I would never manage to compete without the full support of my parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only do I have the mortgage to pay, but we're renovating our house (which was derilict when we moved into it a year ago) so have to scrape together funds to buy things like stairs, doors, kitchen, bathroom, etc. Yes, I am totally mad!!!! Isn't amazing what you'll put up with because of horses!

Incidentally, we have lovely plush stables for the horses who live in complete luxury compared to us!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

lornaA

Visit site
On topic of being skint, I have 2 horses, one retired and one competing. I am a single parent of a 3 year old boy, I have a mortgage and all my bills to pay for myself and horses and my son. I work part time but every penny has to count. I manage to compete but its a struggle. I go out with friends once a week but beleive me i can make £5 go a long way! I wouldn't part with my horses though, I would starve before do that. I am lucky that my parents alow me to borrow their car to pull my trailer but the fuel bills involved in competing from where I live are crippling, I live 2 hours from Rowallan and it is now my nearest show center.