Royal Ascot

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I think I enjoyed the racing more without the fashion gurus!

Same here they're actually showing the horses more, also the annoying social stable is just Ollie talking and showing pictures not the usual drunken rabble cobbled together by that Chris off love island so less annoying than usual. I'm impressed how their tech is holding up apart from the odd person not responding it's all pretty smooth

scotlass

Visit site
I enjoyed the coverage. More about the horses, their form etc rather than fashion and drunk punters. Had to suffer Matt Chapman still talking over everyone, and was watching to see how Oli Bell and Francesca Cumani interacted now that he's left her and is reportedly with Hayley Turner. Disappointed for the Queen not getting to be there, as it's clearly her favourite week of the year. I hope she makes up for it with a winner on Wednesday.

Battaash was so much more chilled considering he's just about turned himself inside out during the preliminaries in the past. Disappointed that Verdana Blue just lost out.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I liked Mick Fitzgerald's observation that his "mind was on other things" when they were walking round the paddock! Very tactful given what he was up to at the time!

scotlass

Visit site
I liked Mick Fitzgerald's observation that his "mind was on other things" when they were walking round the paddock! Very tactful given what he was up to at the time!

I read that and thought you meant what Mick Fitzgerald was up to at the time .. was just about to curse that I might have missed something. Then I realised you meant Stradivarius. And yes, he was thinking of things other than racing. Once on the track, he was awesome though.

Chiffy

Visit site
Glad to have found a Royal Ascot thread, I thought it had been forgotten. I record and watch in the evening, then I can fast forward adverts and Matt Chapman!
The racing is good and I don’t miss the fashion but I do miss the Queen driving down the course!
Stradivarius was awesome!

Visit site
I do hope ITV take on board people's comments - almost everyone I know is glad there are not fashion bits taking precedence over the horses, no social stable with a bunch of drunken louts shouting at the mic and much more attention focused on the actual horses. How it should be done at every meeting.

People tune in for the racing, not to see fashion parades.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I do hope ITV take on board people's comments - almost everyone I know is glad there are not fashion bits taking precedence over the horses, no social stable with a bunch of drunken louts shouting at the mic and much more attention focused on the actual horses. How it should be done at every meeting.

People tune in for the racing, not to see fashion parades.

Same here I'm enjoying seeing them talk about the horses and offering explanations around the various areas I dont like seeing the fashion and drunken idiots in the betting ring.
The fashion wouldn't even be so bad if they just did one little 5 minute clip but they'd do it again and again. Same with the social stable which was annoying especially as the people were usually drunk
I like when they put Luke at the start as he's so passionate and gets excited
Might have a go at the ITV 7 today if it's free with no catch

Visit site
The ITV 7 is totally free, you just need to make an account which also ties in with Sporting Life so you have the bonus of having years worth of race videos to watch at your finger tips for free too!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
The ITV 7 is totally free, you just need to make an account which also ties in with Sporting Life so you have the bonus of having years worth of race videos to watch at your finger tips for free too!

Thanks just have made an account now looking at the lists ready. I dont usually bet its really tricky as there arent any of them jumping off the page as being exceptional plus you can get the odd shock
May go for those owned by the people Jim Crowley was riding for as they keep winning and maybe Defoe as I keep coming back to him for some reason
Any inside clues? ?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
It's like they keep saying about Elarqam for the race where I currently have Defoe but it says it's his first try at that distance and while it says hes proven on the ground surely itll make the trip feel longer if its heavier going even though they think he will be better at the trip

It's so complicated ?

Clodagh

Visit site
I’ve been flicking through it in the evenings and although flat is not my thing it’s a million times better coverage without Gok Wan. And the Love Island bloke.
Will actually watch it this afternoon as day off work.

Clodagh

Visit site
What happened the paddock? Anyone watching on Sky and it may not have been ads?
I hope the person concerned is ok.

Visit site
I do love that Wesley Ward brings horses over every year and fully embraces the Royal Ascot traditions - granted he sees it as a novelty but he does enjoy it. He has had 2 2nds today, one pipped on the post which is the worst place to be!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Luke was saying AVD looked stiff at the start, how come they didnt trot him up unless they did when we weren't viewing them? I've seen them doing it before the jumps races unless it was just the way he moves?

bonny

Visit site
Luke was saying AVD looked stiff at the start, how come they didnt trot him up unless they did when we weren't viewing them? I've seen them doing it before the jumps races unless it was just the way he moves?
Because Luke thought he wasn’t moving well ? He ran fine so I’m sure he was fine.