Royal Cornwall with Royal Update *report/pictures

SpottyTB

Visit site
Hello all,

I usually post in breeding but now he is two I felt it didn't belong there. Hopefully some of those who posted in our previous posts will recognise him! He has certainly grown up!!!

So we decided to put Hugo in the hunter 2yo class at royal Cornwall this year. I had hoped to get him out before hand but no such luck - lorry problems! So this was his second show and first stay away too - Que. a very nervous me!!!

Well as usual, he proved me wrong and came of the lorry Wednesday evening into a very busy show ground, lots of horses calling, lorries moving and course building! He walked beautifully to his stable and settled very quickly! He was an absolute gem to walk around the grounds that evening and remembered his manners even when he was a little worried about everything!

Thursday morning we were up plaiting him at 6 and I'm glad we started so early! It was a night Mare and the boy(s) was very patient. Hugo stood tied up for 2 hours without fussing I had a complete melt down about the lack of mane to plait and that I couldn't plait my "spare hair" into his mane. Anyway, my other half made me take a walk and he managed to sort the mane out fairly well!!!

We were in a class with 3 others, one (potentially two) of which was definitely professionally produced and the other won hunter yearling champ last year at the hunter show? It was firm competition and i said straight away it wouldn't be our day. As usual Hugo performed beautifully and stood up and still like a pro! We came back with a third which I am delighted with, we aren't professionals and I know for a fact that two of the others have been doing the rounds at the other county shows! So for our second trip out first stay away show I am delighted!

Lastly, some photos! Sorry for any grammar or jumbled writing and of course the slightly gushy post. I just thought it may be nice to share with you:) and especially those who have followed since he was 6 months!

34c7177a1d93fb4dfcd5e1e8ebd8ab54_zpsa2b9c30d.jpg

bf3329895d7e2aad1bda3a1f671bd3e3_zps84a7434f.jpg

ba5cfd5f451bf09fe7bfbf79bfdd656f_zpsb14ee8e5.jpg

12ae362db505ccc557decfe3cac5bbd2_zps6d202efc.jpg

3e260a4f23af0f38c15dd7f41e99775d_zpsa53383c1.jpg

Sorry for the over load!!!!

a09d74c0a980c95a7ea73f82eac6d13b_zps571827ec.jpg

SpottyTB

Visit site
Aw thank you everyone :). He surprises me every time and is just such a gent! Lucky really because he is some tall... My oh In the pic is 6'6 ... Hugo's about 15.3 at the min!!!! Plan is to get him out to devon, rc, stithians and b&w next year so he's well educated ready for when he goes ridden! Far to tall to be messing about!!!

Clodagh

Visit site
He looks fantastic. When you see the pros horses, and how they look at least a year older, at least you know Hugo will be able to come out under saddle and not be so overcooked he is good for nothing.
Well done! And what a star of an OH you have!

SpottyTB

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments:) he certainly has grown up!
Clodagh you have just said what we have said all along, sadly a lot of in hands never go on to ridden stages and that's all I want for my boy... This is just experience so he may no dump me on my bottom when I take him out ridden!!!

Yes OH is fab, also a farrier which is handy ;)! Never knew he could plait I must admit - apparently many years watching his mum show her mare!!!

jrp204

Visit site
Well done, he looks super, I was hoping to get over to see his class but we didn't leave the sheep tent till 4pm, very long day! we started showing at 8.30 am. Hopefully we may catch you at Stithians.

jrp204

Visit site
We did very well, mostly 2nd and 3rds in each class with the Texels and a 2nd and a 3rd with the Suffolks, so a good day. May see you at Stithians, we have the sheep there too.