Royal Highland Show 2021

scotlass

Visit site
Sorry to see the announcement that the 2021 show has been cancelled.

It has probably not come as a shock to most. Pre-pandemic, no one would ever have believed we would have gone two years without "The Highland", but like so much else, can only look forward to a great comeback celebration in 2022.

Visit site
They seem to planning to run the full show for competitors behind closed doors. Or that is what some of their press releases say. They are so jumbled up and so many members/competitors are so annoyed at the Society because of their handling of everything I am not sure many will go.

scotlass

Visit site
They seem to planning to run the full show for competitors behind closed doors. Or that is what some of their press releases say. They are so jumbled up and so many members/competitors are so annoyed at the Society because of their handling of everything I am not sure many will go.

I agree, it's not very clear at all. There also seems to be some theory doing the rounds that they would live stream classes that support Scotland ie Highland ponies, Sh*tlands, Eriskays, Clydesdales etc plus Highland Cattle and some BSJA showjumping (because there's no way the RHASS would upset them). Even at those sort of numbers, plus support crews of grooms, horsebox drivers and any animal with a professional rider / producer, that could still be a fair number of people.

The RHS site is still being used as both a covid test centre and a vaccination centre, and the hotel at the back of the showground, overlooking the runway, was supposed to be being used as a quarantine centre.